Spray-on Liquid Glass Is About To Revolutionize Almost Everything

Amadeus

Spray-on liquid glass is about to revolutionize almost everything

(PhysOrg.com) -- Spray-on liquid glass is transparent, non-toxic, and can protect virtually any surface against almost any damage from hazards such as water, UV radiation, dirt, heat, and bacterial infections. The coating is also flexible and breathable, which makes it suitable for use on an enormous array of products.

The liquid glass spray (technically termed “SiO2 ultra-thin layering”) consists of almost pure silicon dioxide (silica, the normal compound in glass) extracted from quartz sand. Water or ethanol is added, depending on the type of surface to be coated. There are no additives, and the nano-scale glass coating bonds to the surface because of the quantum forces involved. According to the manufacturers, liquid glass has a long-lasting antibacterial effect because microbes landing on the surface cannot divide or replicate easily.

Sounds like too-good-to-be-true miracle stuff somehow...

Spray-on liquid glass is about to revolutionize almost everything

(PhysOrg.com) -- Spray-on liquid glass is transparent, non-toxic, and can protect virtually any surface against almost any damage from hazards such as water, UV radiation, dirt, heat, and bacterial infections. The coating is also flexible and breathable, which makes it suitable for use on an enormous array of products.

The liquid glass spray (technically termed “SiO2 ultra-thin layering”) consists of almost pure silicon dioxide (silica, the normal compound in glass) extracted from quartz sand. Water or ethanol is added, depending on the type of surface to be coated. There are no additives, and the nano-scale glass coating bonds to the surface because of the quantum forces involved. According to the manufacturers, liquid glass has a long-lasting antibacterial effect because microbes landing on the surface cannot divide or replicate easily.

Sounds like too-good-to-be-true miracle stuff somehow...

I presume if it's knocked or scratched then the protection will be broken. This could cause a bigger problem in the long run as you could be mistaken that something is protected thus only cleaning it with water when in fact bacteria are multiplying in tiny scratches.

I see it is also supposed to protect against graffiti - Manx Nationalists watch out all the roads and walls on the Island will be sprayed with liquid glass.

I wonder if I used it to spray on my car whether it would make the seagull presents easy to remove? Just polish the car, spray once with liquid glass and only have to hose it down in the future for it to sparkle.

Archived