Man Who Forced Wife To Wear Muslim Veil To Be Denied French Nationality

Amadeus

I think that full face covering should be banned on the streets of Britain.

Who on earth knows who is behind the black coverings? It could be a dominated woman. Or it could be a known terrorist around quite freely whilst hiding behind the sheeting.

With the world in turmoil, lots of it involving Muslims, we should be able to see who the hell is in our country and on our streets.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not permitted to wear a crash helmet in a bank and I suspect if I wore a balaclava helmet in the street the "old bill" would 'have a word'.

If legislation is to be applied then why have exceptions? …….If my religion stipulated as a carrot worshiper that I should wear bunny ears that would preclude the wearing of a motorcycle helmet I would be prosecuted but if I was a sikh a turban is fine.

Can I please be "offended" and claim to be a "victim" ?

I'm not permitted to wear a crash helmet in a bank and I suspect if I wore a balaclava helmet in the street the "old bill" would 'have a word'.

If legislation is to be applied then why have exceptions? …….If my religion stipulated as a carrot worshiper that I should wear bunny ears that would preclude the wearing of a motorcycle helmet I would be prosecuted but if I was a sikh a turban is fine.

Stupid post.

I think I agree with Addie. I tend towards 'conventional liberalism' but there is considerable merit in defining what it means to be British. It is perfectly possible to adhere to most Muslim ideas of modesty without wearing the niqab, and doing so offends British ideals of openness and equality between men and women.

Live in France, live by French laws and norms, ditto in Britain and in the Isle of Man. If and when I visit or live in Saudi Arabia, I will be very sure to avoid offending their standards.

If legislation is to be applied then why have exceptions? .If my religion stipulated as a carrot worshiper that I should wear bunny ears that would preclude the wearing of a motorcycle helmet I would be prosecuted but if I was a sikh a turban is fine.

Stupid post.

The sikh moon?

What an enlightened species we have become.......

I assume that is sarcastic, but I'm not sure whether your sarcasm is directed at those you consider too liberal or those you consider too illiberal. Would you care to say more?

Stupid post.

Couldn't agree more. A very stupid post. Addie's isn't far behind but on account of the nonsense about a world in turmoil.

People should be able to wear what they like in public. Why should anyone HAVE to show their face? Who the hell is Addie or anyone else to say that other people should be forced not to wear something just because it creeps them out and because they have irrational concerns.

If you're in a bank the situation is different for what should be obvious reasons.

Stupid post.

Couldn't agree more. A very stupid post. Addie's isn't far behind but on account of the nonsense about a world in turmoil.

People should be able to wear what they like in public. Why should anyone HAVE to show their face? Who the hell is Addie or anyone else to say that other people should be forced not to wear something just because it creeps them out and because they have irrational concerns.

If you're in a bank the situation is different for what should be obvious reasons.

Whining leftie...

It is amusing how the liberals agonise over the right to wear the veil and tolerance of Islam versus the emancipation of women. Perhaps we should wait until the time when the Muslims actually make the laws and then they can sort out the problem. They won't be listening to the liberals though.

France of course has its own problems. http://newobserveronline.com/the-extermination-of-the-white-race-marseille-in-france-will-be-first-majority-muslim-city-in-europe/

(The publication has its agenda, but the basic demographic facts are undeniable.)

People should be able to wear what they like in public.

Wot even an SS uniform? (Just an example....)

As for what they want to wear, I think this is a bit nearer the mark:

People should be able to wear what they their domineering bullying abusive husbands like in public.

Archived