Tynwald Today

FCMR

Hmmm trying to remember the places i have seen bands over the years... Falcon Cliff ,The Central, Bowling Green, Bushys, The Continental , Douglas , The MGM , all had good sized band rooms, going to stop now feeling old :(

Do you remember Smokey Joes? it was where the Furniture House was. That was a great venue for bands.

Funny you mention Port Soderick, we went ther for lunch on Monday....but it was closed, the little arcade (that was) has gone to wreck and ruin. There was a 'bit of a do' down there years ago, some really ace techno band were on and there was a disco afterwards. Its such a shame the govt dont help these little places take off again.

Does Mr Jessop still own PS? I thought that chef chap owned it now. Who ever owns it should try having a few nights down there with subsidised taxis (like what the Melt nights in Laxey have)ed. or even hire the venue out.

It would be really great to have a night like the TT week one from ages ago, again. I'd even volunteer my time free to help if anyone (with the the owners' permission) wants to try arranging something.

Minnie, I count myself lucky to be old enough to remember watching and listening to some of the great bands around in the 70's at the Lido when you were still being nursed by your mother.

You've obviously not lost your memory along with your hair and teeth then! :P

Archived