Property Prices

taz8130

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pray that I don't end my days trawling the forums looking for any opportunity to criticise other people, who I don't even know, just to give myself a feeling of worth.

;) negative equity might just make you a little bit bitter.

If you are in a negative equity situation then you have my sympathy.

I was in a similar situation many years ago but I didn't allow it to make me bitter towards others.

Bye bye, I'm off to where the sun (££££) shines brightly.

Ok bye, have fun, that's one more job vacancy free for someone.

Ah hah, have a sprat to catch a mackeral - got one.

You fool, how does me wishing you good luck constitute reeling in, if I had given a tyrade it would, please try to be a little more creative.

Well maybe the IOM does have something to offer. One of India's wealthiest Steel Barons has made enquiries about opening a business on the Island based down the North of the Island. He has asked about new gas pipelines being put in, new roads and also having his own generation plant to service the business.

Well maybe the IOM does have something to offer. One of India's wealthiest Steel Barons has made enquiries about opening a business on the Island based down the North of the Island. He has asked about new gas pipelines being put in, new roads and also having his own generation plant to service the business.

Hopefully he'll melt down that eyesore of a Pier.

Hopefully he'll melt down that eyesore of a Pier.

And open a decent eatery.

Has anyone noticed how quiet the pro-pier people are these days? I guess Ramsey's marina is on hold.

Thats a big rumour, source?

Thats a big rumour, source?

I believe the same guy already has a boat registered here, and has been here a few times, so his knowledge of the island is past the enquiry stage to a great extent I would imagine.

These are some of the kind of diverse industries we should be attracting here IMO, though I'd still have liked to have seen a great wedge of our reserves used in the budget to bribe encourage a lot more companies from a variety of sectors to come here. Another £50M of VAT money dissapears next year - yeeeouch!

These are some of the kind of diverse industries we should be attracting here IMO, though I'd still have liked to have seen a great wedge of our reserves used in the budget to bribe encourage a lot more companies from a variety of sectors to come here. Another £50M of VAT money dissapears next year - yeeeouch!

A nice big steel mill and a nuclear power station perhaps?

Albert when you say "these" can you be more specific about what actual diverse industries you are expecting him to bring here?

replicating UK style suburbs

Why do you describe that as a 'UK' style ?

Haven't you learned by now? Anything which is 'bad' has to originate from the UK, at least in Fragglerock's paranoid mind. Any chance to have a pop.

Shame you didn't bother reading my reply. I said 'UK style' but I could have, I admit, more accurately, used 'Irish style' - the point is the same - rapid, unsympathetic, unneeded, unwanted and unloved development that is in no one's interest except developers and speculators.

I said 'UK style' but I could have, I admit, more accurately, used 'Irish style' - the point is the same - rapid, unsympathetic, unneeded, unwanted and unloved development that is in no one's interest except developers and speculators.

...and ideally located on the nearest flood plain!

Ireland is now littered with hundreds of part completed 'housing estates', out 'in the sticks', cyclone fencing leaning at crazy angles, rough roads, weeds growing, minimal lighting and a few disillusioned residents.

Last year I was in contact with the Green Party Housing Minister to suggest some ways that these could be completed to provide affordable (cost price) and social housing as well as some work in the construction sector and repayment of loans. Needless to say he's done nothing but 'pass it on'.

Shame you didn't bother reading my reply. I said 'UK style' but I could have, I admit, more accurately, used 'Irish style' - the point is the same - rapid, unsympathetic, unneeded, unwanted and unloved development that is in no one's interest except developers and speculators.

I did read your reply. Even you admit that Irish style would have been more accurate - my point was that you chose to say 'UK style' by default, Fraggle old chap.

Christ can you imagine that. Someone richer that Tilliard wanting to take over the IoM. It'll never happen ...

(PS: a business in the North of the Island. That must be a charity shop?)

Archived