Burgeoning Film Extra Work, Or Not?

traveller

We are told there is an expanding IOM film industry - surely demanding lots and lots of extras?

So how do you get to be an extra?

Do you register with an agency?

Does it cost to register? if so why? what do you get for the money?

What are the going rates for extras?

How much does an agency make on getting you work?

Are there lots of agencies?

Are any local?

Who runs them?

Otherwise where do you go to get work in film's being shot over here?

You need to get yourself registered with the Isle of Man Film Commission. They keep a register of all people and services and can provide the details for the film crews that come over here.

I was contacted a number of times by people that were given my details by the Isle of Man Film Commission. They are always looking good looking actors, that's probably why I never got the part! ;)

Stav.

Edited to add the contact details for the Isle of Man Film Commission

yep you do register,theres a few extras agencies, ninas people who charge a joining fee are local,

The casting agency a london based agency, i've had the most work from them, they don't charge,

theres another one, mannextra, don't know whether there still going haven't heard anything for ages from them but there island based and they don't charge either

yu get paid 65 pounds for anything up to twelve hours after 12 hours they pay you a certain amout for overtime and you get free meals, the agencies can also help with transport.

if you want to do anything other then extra work, talk to the film commission, but phone them for the contact details anyway.

In fact is "nina's people" the same as Nina's People Limited company number 99460C with a registered office at St George's House, Bay View Road, Port St Mary - a company that applied to the Companies Registry on 11th February to be dissolved???

So - not doing too well is that company and its busines is it???

From an Advert IOM Courier Feb 17th 2005

Nina's People Ltd is dissolving as a Limited Company.Due to continued expansion,it has been necessary to split the business into two seperate sections.

Nina's People Casting Agency

Nina Carter's Consultancy

From an Advert IOM Courier Feb 17th 2005

Nina's People Ltd is dissolving as a Limited Company.Due to continued expansion,it has been necessary to split the business into two seperate sections.

Nina's People Casting Agency

Nina Carter's Consultancy

Oh, so that is why last time I sent an invoice to Nina Wakeman I had to beg for payment after waiting over three months? Bo**ocks!

Does she think people are stupid? :huh:

Archived