Villa Marina Entertainment

Deejay Denzel

:huh: If we don't use something often enough, we lose it. Take a look at pubs, cinemas and restraunts that have disapeared over the years and then look at the Hotels, guest houses and other venues of entertainment that have gone.

The fact is that what we regard as 'entertainment' has changed. <snip>

I also think that Island life has changed enormously in even the past 20 years. Up until the late seventies the island used to have a really successful tourist industry, which kept hotels running, bars going, venues running. More importantly than the tourists, the folks of the island also worked in the hotels, bars and venues and they'd go out during weekdays - during their days off and keep the place alive during the whole week. Drink driving laws were not enforced - obviously there has been a change for the better but it is little wonder nowadays how pubs on isolated parts of the TT course used to survive in the past. The working lads used to come home from work, go straight to bed, get a couple of hours kip and then go out on the town every night - now a hell of a lot of those people have straight-laced, time controlled and monitored jobs these days, whatever those jobs may be. The 18-40ish age group are the core workers of the population. They might want to go to all these events and gigs but they can't because they have to be in a shirt and tie early the next morning..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's make the island more attractive to gay people and bobs your uncle... we have our very own Brighton.

Before long the smell of moth balls and wee will impregnate into the seats of the villa and it will turn back the horrible colour it used to be. Keep it tidy is what i say

let's make the island more attractive to gay people and bobs your uncle... we have our very own Brighton.

Before long the smell of moth balls and wee will impregnate into the seats of the villa and it will turn back the horrible colour it used to be. Keep it tidy is what i say

Keep it narrow-minded more like..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I 'dropped' a suggestion whilst in the company of the Villa management recently, to be told that it was fully booked every week-end until next year...

Message received - loud and clear! :unsure:

Archived