Money To Burn

crumlin

On Manx Radio website now. Quote below ...

Tynwald is to be asked to write off £5 1/2 million of debt for the International Business School. The news was exclusively revealed by Education Minister David Anderson on Manx Radio's Agenda programme last night (Monday). His department has to pay the sum by the end of March. The school has already cost the taxpayer around £1 million a year in recent years. In December a House of Keys question from Onchan member Peter Karran led to the announcement the department's subvention for the school up to March last year was £3 million. That was in addition to the Department of Local Government's purchase of the land on the Nunnery estate for £1.2 million. The £5 1/2 million appeared in the department's capital schemes which was approved in the Budget a fortnight ago, but Mr Anderson insists the business school isn't a pipe-dream which has gone up in smoke

What i want to know is how can they carry on with this pie in the sky scheme, government is wasting so much money on schemes like this it is unreal.

Do we get value for money i don't think so, i think £5.5 million could be better spent like FCMR said on the youth of the island.

We aint talking small sums here this is millions of pounds.

Just you wait for the prison i bet that will be a massive cock up that will cost double the quotation.

Jobs for the boys yussir

It does seem very excessive. £5.5 million should be given to the college, and all the students/staff transferred from the IBS. I've never really seen the need for the IBS, and now its apparent it's becoming a waste of cash.

Archived