Battlefield Bad Company 2

K.os Theory

Had another excellent evening playing this, including a truly insane rush round (Nelson Pass map, or something like that) where it got so intense as defenders we were reduced to broadcasting Aliens quotations at each other ('Stay frosty', 'You're not reading it right', 'RIPLEEEY!', 'You want some of this? Fuck you!', 'They're coming out of the goddamned walls!' etc).

Obviously it helps if you've seen Aliens fifty times.

Absolutely awesome game, I'd be inclined to say it's the best multiplayer ever, overtaking Quake 2, CounterStrike 1.6, and BF2142 in my personal hall of fame.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manx server not showing up on the browser for me, is it still up?

It's been passworded for a while, we've been, ahem, erm, cough cough, doing a bit of stat-padding. (The default search won't return passworded servers.)

I've taken the password off, it's now running 32 player rush on the full map rotation.

I wouldn't normally condone stat-padding but when everyone else is running around with all the best guns and gadgets, you need a level playing field - especially with Mental M60 Magnum Ammo Medics running amok.

Rumours are the M60 is getting a nerf in the next patch.

I wold be much happier if they fixed the connection and lag issues

Is this on the PC version?

After the initial couple of wobbly weeks, it's been pretty much completely stable for me and my mates.

I believe the 360 version still has its fair share of problems, particularly with lag.

Yep issues on the PC, mainly massive lag spikes/server crashes, could just be an issue with the server I spend most of my time on but unlikely.

Managed a 9000 point round last night, a long fought round of Rush playing as an engineer on the attackers side. I did notice that after the first 5 or so repair pins they stopped appearing until I respawned, maybe some sort of anti grind mechanic?

I hope they fix the current problem on the Radeon 58** series cards where you are always the last to join the map due to the countdown going super slow. I never manage to get a bloody vehicle because of it!

Need to see more people on the Manx Headshot server, I'm up for a game though just add me to Steam. Username sdamaged123

i feel sorry for the console guys having to play this with a joypad - it must be an absolute bloody nightmare trying to get headshots with the sniper rifle. Unless they just add an auto aim thingy for the Xbox players

i feel sorry for the console guys having to play this with a joypad - it must be an absolute bloody nightmare trying to get headshots with the sniper rifle. Unless they just add an auto aim thingy for the Xbox players

Yawn... depends on your skill really, I've plenty of headshot counts on the PS3 thanks. Maybe your hands are too big.

Fair enough, i think if you had both PC and console though, you would prefer playing using the keyboard and mouse as the gamepad can't possibly keep up with it

However, some people prefer to game from the couch etc so i do understand why they might prefer the console.

I prefer top quality graphics and frame rate over comfort though. I played Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 and thought it looked quite poor, but that's probably only due to the fact i completed it on my PC first

I guess as far as console games go, it looked pretty good.

Incidentally, do they have aim assit on BFBC2 like Modern Warfare 2?

Archived