Last New Album/song You Heard...

TomTucker

Thought i'd start this thread as a bit of music discussion would be good.

Ellie Goulding - Lights

Took a bit of getting into but alround pretty good once you get past the little girl sing-songy voice.

Plan B - The Defamation of Strickland Banks

This guy could be really good, ive not heard is first album but the few tracks of the soon to be released above album i have heard i really like. He also starred in Harry Brown and sang the theme tune!

still battling with the Gorillaz new one, not going well so far...

The Gorillaz lp is very good, I like that despite using a large musical pallet and exploring big musical and lyrical ideas it remains very playful. It's immediate and engaging yet behind it there's all this other stuff going on. If you look at this record, Think Tank, the Good the Bad and the Queen, and Mali Music lp Damon Albarn has become really quite a substantial artist over the last decade.

Musically, I'm really enjoying 2010. It feels like there have been more engaging and exciting records released so far this year than in all of 2009 and 2008.

Best thing so far, however, is These New Puritans's lp Hidden.

I bought Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip's new album today, have only had a couple of listens to it, it's alright, making all the right noises as usual. I think I like Snob the best but I haven't really listened to all the words yet, sure there will be well good gems in there, Great Britain sounds quite good but you really have to listen to hear what he is on to. Lots of love for Scroob :)

Archived