He Wears Frilly Knickers And He Wears A Bra..

Slim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Manx Radio:

While admitting the spectacular contains some beautiful music and catchy themes, the protestors believe it grossly misrepresents Jesus Christ and point out the show is based on the personally held views of writer Tim Rice, who in turn is portraying Judas' view of Christ, rather than those of the other disciples.

Whoever explained that this is not 'real' - its a story - needs to re-visit said protesters asap.

You know, tell them it's like the ones in the Bible that noone is able to say for absolute certain did or did not happen - you take a leap of faith and believe - or not....

I found the interview on manx radio somewhat disconcerting because the good vicar said that he and his wife had nothing against the manx opera society and often went to their shows.... but didn't like this one....hellloooooo? Anyone home?!

If you are a committed Christian then surely you'll just cross to the other side of the street and count yourself lucky you survived that close brush with satan and his minions... whew!! :rolleyes:

If this guy is so worried about us all spending an eternity in Hell, ask him if he is going to heaven?... Then ask yourself why you would want to spend the rest of eternity couped up with nutters like that?

I went to watch it on Monday night with the missus. In the row of seat befor us was a Vicar watching the show, happily clapping at the end of every scene.

I thought that he was there to try and do some sort of protest half way through or something.

Also there were two people in the crowd who were in the picket line the night before handing out leaflets condemning it!!!

They had asked to be let in the rear door so the other people out front wouldn't see them going in. :ph34r:

I'm not a religieous person in the slightest, but I enjoyed the show and really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Ha ha ! My first post so be nice.

Someone should ask this guy a one word question.... just one......

Dinosaurs?

(B.Hicks ;) )

has he got nothing better to do ?

what I find most amusing is that he seriously thinks his presence could actually persuade someone who has booked and paid for tickets not to go and watch the show!!!

Imagine the scenario

"you know, you're right. I won't go and see this "work of fiction made purely for peoples entertainment" based on the comments in your leaflet. Can you refund me my ticket price?"

that'd test his faith... :rolleyes:

Archived