He Wears Frilly Knickers And He Wears A Bra..

Slim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creationists don't believe carbon dating is accurate, and that dinosaurs were wiped out in the flood (Noah's ark wasn't big enough for dino & co).

But...but...how come the dinosaurs weren't mentioned in the bible up to then?

I'm with Bill Hicks, Creationists always look unevolved, if God made them he did a rush job!

I can see the protesters point of view though. Everything that Lloyd-Weber touches is a ham-fisted plagiaristic travesty of the original source material.

Ask yourself why the Argentineans invaded the Falklands so soon after the West End Premiere of Evita.

I'm surprised that T.S. Elliot Appreciation Society haven't taken to waylaying stray members of the Cats cast and neutering them, and that the Hayley Mills Fan Club don't fire bomb the theatre where Whistle Down the Wind is playing. No wonder Norma Desmond wanted to be alone.

Anyway, as an aside, is it right that a Government funded theatre is flagrantly hosting a musical that celebrates religion?

I guess everyone has the right to protest about whatever irks them but I can't quite get my head around who these people are trying to protect.

Is it the devout Christians? Surely their infinite faith or perception of Christ can't be swayed or corrupted by a mere musical

Is it the athiests? Surely they wouldn't care because "it's all a load of hogwash" anyway, they're just there for the singing.

..or do they really have this idea that a group of people who might be interested in becoming a Christian by the experience of watching JCSS would then be somehow let down by some particular part of Christianity that wasn't portrayed accurately by the musical?

Creationists don't believe carbon dating is accurate, and that dinosaurs were wiped out in the flood (Noah's ark wasn't big enough for dino & co). 

Seriously.

Thats just a hoot - you'd think the Bible, being the accurate history of the world and all that, would have mentioned the fact that there were 20ft tall lizards knocking around!!

Besides if they really were Christians outside protesting then surely they will forgive us!

Thats just a hoot - you'd think the Bible, being the accurate history of the world and all that, would have mentioned the fact that there were 20ft tall lizards knocking around!!
The Bible is retrospective of man's time on earth. The dinosaurs preceeded man by 65m years.

Besides, hedgehogs don't get a mention in the Bible so why should dinosaurs?

Ermmm...in the beginning there was light....so unless man was knocking around in the dark I would presume that the bible is the history of the earth not just man...
Darkness and light are relative to man's existance, dinosaurs are not.

The writer had to set the scene for those reading for the first time. Setting the scene in any story always involves a bit of history.

Complain to the Pope c/o The Vatican, Italy if you are not happy with which 'bits' were included.

Edit: I wrote 'retrospective' previously, would 'relative' (as per this post) have made more sense?

Archived