He Wears Frilly Knickers And He Wears A Bra..

Slim

Ermmm...in the beginning there was light....so unless man was knocking around in the dark I would presume that the bible is the history of the earth not just man...
Darkness and light are relative to man's existance, dinosaurs are not.

The writer had to set the scene for those reading for the first time. Setting the scene in any story always involves a bit of history.

Complain to the Pope c/o The Vatican, Italy if you are not happy with which 'bits' were included.

Fair enough I just thought that if something like loaves and fishes and some parting of the waves were worth reporting then so would big frigging lizards..just my opinion like.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bible itself(well the New Testament at least) confesses in it's opening verses to being a 'collection of stories' IIRC. And it is just that.

A collection of stories told by allegedly wise men, which have become 'the word of God'. Basically, someone wrote a book of all the stories they'd heard and now it is followed as a devout book of words and held in religuous fervour.

Not that I have an opionion of course, but it's a load of bollox.

Thats just a hoot - you'd think the Bible, being the accurate history of the world and all that, would have mentioned the fact that there were 20ft tall lizards knocking around!!
The Bible is retrospective of man's time on earth. The dinosaurs preceeded man by 65m years.

Besides, hedgehogs don't get a mention in the Bible so why should dinosaurs?

The nutty creationists that I'm referring to believe that the world is about 9,000 years old, and that dinosaurs and man lived on it side by side. Until the flood.

These people are usually American, of course.

Where does physical space end and what is beyond it?

Most human minds can not truely grasp the concept of 'infinite' so how/why should they grasp the concept of a 'God'?

You've been reading too much Stephen Hawking!! We should just all believe what we want and accept other for their beliefs whether they are the same as ours or not. Maybe if we all lead a more tolerant lifestyle we can start to answer your first question Ripsaw.

I've never read Hawkings, don't do 'religion' and am almost embarassed to admit that I don't have a clue who Bill Hicks or the Creationists are.

Just passing the time 'til lunch, talking of which... :)

(It is a big place out there in space though. Maybe there is an 'edge' and God really is leaning on it looking in ;))

Personally, I like George Carlin's take on it all:

"Religion has actually convinced people... that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time...

...But He loves you! He loves you, and He needs money!!! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!"... (and so on..)

Personally, I like George Carlin's take on it all:

"Religion has actually convinced people... that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time...

...But He loves you! He loves you, and He needs money!!! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!"... (and so on..)

LOL...when you put it like that it just amazes me that people fall for it. Each to their own though I suppose (backtracking just in case!)teu18.gif

Archived