Clean Up

crumlin

The past couple of years has seen plenty of troubles for the islands Government, but they have still not learned. How can they get back on the right track and clean up its act.

My opinion is that it could be to late, should the UK Goverment step in to sort things out, whats going to be the next scandal

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The past couple of years has seen plenty of troubles for the islands Government, but they have still not learned. How can they get back on the right track and clean up its act.
They can not.

To fix something you have to be aware that a problem exists and have the knowledge, will and/or balls to do something about it.

If problems exist, it would be foolhardy to go charging in and tip the applecart by trying to fix every ill in one go. The need for change has to persued with some sort of method. It must be persued though!

Will the next election bring new blood and a new direction? I doubt it.

In any organisation new blood brings new ideas, unfortunately for every reason suggested to change, there will loads of reasons and excuses thrown back as to how it "won't work", how it "can not work".

It is far easier to adopt a resigned attitude than it is to be dynamic and free thinking with a 'can do' attitude.

New MHKs would be expected to learn the ropes and part of that learning process results with a reluctance to be an individual.

I'd love to do work experience as an MHK (maybe a month) just for the benefit of gaining an insight into the workings and dealings away from the public eye. I expect like any short term trainee the kettle and sweeping brush would be close to hand when 'real' decisions are being made down the hall.

Surely you would end up with a barrel full of rotten apples. 

I think he means he doesn't know ;)

Oh yes he does, the Island is that corrupt that a person has had to write to the Governor and several MHKs concerned over their safety and the safety of their family for being a whistleblower on senior government officials.

Several forum members have seen the letter that was sent.

Oh yes he does, the Island is that corrupt that a person has had to write to the Governor and several MHKs concerned over their safety and the safety of their family for being a whistleblower on senior government officials.

That doesn't seem to be a plan of action to get a Government back on track and clean themselves up.

Archived