Clean Up

crumlin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the accusations was that the XCM was tipped off about his impending arrest which in the writers view would have given time to destroy evidence. Well if the writer had listened to Manx Radio and a statement issued by the XCM after his visit to the Police Station he would have known that the XCM stated that his arrest had been pre arranged.

This proves that he was tipped off, The police would be failing in their duty to tell a suspect that they intended to arrest them.

If I had robbed a bank and the police told me that they were going to arrest me in a couple of days time, I know what I would do, make sure I had none of the stash hanging about.

And in MRs audio vault, Ned says his arrest was pr arranged. how stupid can a man be telling the public he was tipped off. Could this be the pre arranged mistake to make sure no case ever gets to court, think about it :angry:

/from memory... He knew that he was going to to be questioned by police in relation to ongoing investigations.

MRs audio vault, Ned says his arrest was pr arranged

When or where does/did he say that he know he would be arrested?

Link?

Arrests are pre-arranged all the time. It's a common practice.

Dont talk crap, a criminal would not hang about if he knew that he was going to be arrested. To tip a criminal off can only harm a police case, give someone the chance to get rid.

I can just see it.

Joe Publick makes a compaint to the Police that Mr Big is dealing in stolen credit cards.

Police then phone Mr Big and tell him that they will call to see him about stolen credit cards.

If that was the case how much crime would be solved

Dont talk crap

I'm not. Arrests are pre-arranged often. You really should try checking things out before exploding into a little rant.

Sure, they're not arranged for the majority of offences, but lengthy investigations, particularly of high profile people, quite often involve a token arrest at a pre-determined time. Feel free to check that out before getting back to me.

Strange coincidence...

I know what you mean, certain high profile people are often arrested at a pre arranged time and place, interviewed and bailed or whatever.

I thought I'd search for jeffrey archer arrest and the first article in Google is written by someone also called ans :D

I dont think he knew he was going to be arrested, if he did then how come he resigned straight away afterwards. surely he would have resigned in advance if he knew. I know the interview was prearranged obviously, but the arrest?

Icant say I ever heard of prearranged arrests either.

any evidense or links for this? cant find anything on google myself

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2651871.stm might be one example

He wasn't charged initiall but was released on bail. I think this question also arose re Ned

"He has not been charged with anything and has been bailed to a future date when he may be required to answer some questions."

The following seems to indicate it was pre-arranged

They arrived at the house at 1500 GMT on Monday and were accompanied by four detectives who interviewed him.

The operation was agreed by mutual consent said Mr Townshend's solicitor.

Where the police are conducting an investigation that the suspect is aware of, it is common place for the suspect to be advised in advance of his or her arrest. The arrest is part of the legal procedure that the police have to follow and must take place before any charges can be brought.

An immediate arrest is made only when the suspect is posing a danger to himself or to others, likely to commit another offense, destroy evidence or do a runner. In the case of XCM it is likely that the investigating officers were satisfied that they had already obtained all the necessary evidence.

It is now down to the powers that be to decide if he is going to be charged. If he is charged he would remain under arrest but on police bail until the end of the trial, providing that the charges are not dropped prior to the findings of the court.

We must not forget that a suspect is presumed innocent until found guilty. Whether or not they have been arrested, charged or brought to trial. Just like anyone else XCM will be able to plea bargain, offer information in exchange for leniency and use a legal team to examine for any flaws in the prosecutions case.

Whatever the outcome of all this I think that some justice will prevail when his integrity is assesed by the public vote. Little consolation I know, but it's something to look forward to.

Archived