Clean Up

crumlin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The planing department are to be investigated, Mrs Ned tried to get get change of use at Ballacain from Tourism to Residential. it got turned down. It is now aledged that The head of planning Mr M and the AG have been trying to get the change done behind the backs of the Planning committee, this was revealed at the Planning approvals neeting last friday based on a complaint made by one of the builders that have taken legal action against the Neds.

Its also rumoured tha Richard Corkll is to pack in as an MHK before the police press charges, this is based on legal advice to save his pension

The Planning Director has authority to approve/reject certain things that are considered insignificant (e.g. satellite dishes, replacing windows etc) without going to the Planning Committee. It saves time. Hardly 'behind their back'.

And as the Ballacain application was discussed at Committee, that means that the Planning Director either decided not to make a decision on his own, or this is the sort of decision he is not authorised to make.

Talk about half-truths and throwing enough mud.

Here's one for you ;) Holiday accomodation my arse! Were the sales team from Yellow Pages on holiday here when they rented Ballabo**ocks for six weeks?

No. Because they sold pleny of advertising to me. Next thing you know those buggers from Everest will be staying in a nice little holiday cottage built with a Government grant.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got no opinion on the whole holiday cottage saga as I don't know the facts and, quite frankly, I'm not really interested. However, I would like to set one thing straight.

At present under the current scheme of delegation the Director of Planning does not have the power to refuse any planning application. The only planning application that the Director of Planning deals with under his delegated powers are applications that have no objections and are recommended for approval by the relevant planning officer (i.e. fairly non-contentious things). A planning application that receives any objections and/or is recommended for refusal by a planning officer has to be determined by the Planning Committee.

Hope this sets the record straight.

The Planning Director has authority to approve/reject certain things that are considered insignificant (e.g. satellite dishes, replacing windows etc) without going to the Planning Committee. It saves time. Hardly 'behind their back'. 

And as the Ballacain application was discussed at Committee, that means that the Planning Director either decided not to make a decision on his own, or this is the sort of decision he is not authorised to make.

Talk about half-truths and throwing enough mud.

Written complaints had been made but not acted on, and the owners wanted change of use from tourist to residential without going before the Planning Committee.

I'm starting to doubt the existence of it.  Or they're still writing it.

If you had listened to Tynwald today, or got off your fat ass for a change and attended Tynwald you would have learned that the letters have been passed to the Police (three letters) a week after a 10 days after a forum poster handed them to the police. Fact :rolleyes:

If you had listened to Tynwald today, or got off your fat ass for a change and attended Tynwald you would have learned that the letters have been passed to the Police (three letters) a week after a 10 days after a forum poster handed them to the police. Fact :rolleyes:

If you could be bothered reading what date he posted that, you'd see he asked the question before anything was mentioned in Tynwald.

I have seen a two page letter which I am aware has been passed to the Police, various MHKs and the Governor. I have also been told that there is another one in existence that provides more details of the anonymous writers accusations which has been sent to one MHK.

The writer has stated that if the Authorities dont do something about his accusations he has provided a sworn and signed affidavit at a Lawyers which will be released. He also states that he has had to be anonymous because of fear for the safety of him/her and family.

How can the Authorities deal with anything without being able to speak to the writer????

Anonymous letters I am afraid cannot be taken seriously, can they????

One of the accusations was that the XCM was tipped off about his impending arrest which in the writers view would have given time to destroy evidence. Well if the writer had listened to Manx Radio and a statement issued by the XCM after his visit to the Police Station he would have known that the XCM stated that his arrest had been pre arranged.

Are the Police not going back on their word.

safe to talk

So why was the exCM tipped off

Archived