Garage To Close.

FCMR

Funny bloke  30 more people now looking for work thanks to the IOM Government

I had heard that Lancater have chosen to pull out of the IOM because of a relatively low sales income and the fact that each manufacturer were putting pressure on to split up the brands into different showrooms etc? A scenario that would see them trying to make back the cost over many years. Maybe someone else knows more, than I. (I have got my info from the trade, but not the horses mouth so to speak)

I've also heard that there are two major car sales groups on the Island looking to take on BMW/Mini and VW/Audi who would presumably be looking to keep the existing fully trained staff as well, so all might not be lost.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not very scientific but you get the point.

Lancaster IOM - 2003 Mini Cooper S - 8,500 miles - £17,995

BMW Liverpool - 2003 Mini Cooper S - 9,056 miles - £15,495

As people have said its market forces - too many people have been fleecing the IOM because of that little stretch of water and the overall lack of competition.

I bet people who recently bought cars from there are worried they will lose all their perks from services and warranties.... well not lose but be inconvenienced

agreements will be honoured?

Lancaster IOM - 2003 Mini Cooper S - 8,500 miles - £17,995

BMW Liverpool - 2003 Mini Cooper S - 9,056 miles - £15,495

well thats what you call a expensive ferry trip you got to be mad to buy over here, i am going away soon for a van and it will be 2 grand cheaper than over here, you just get ripped off if you buy here.

I have bought my last two BMW's on Island, the last one from Lancaster BMW in Douglas.

I could have saved a grand or two by buying off island, but I would rather buy on Island, it supports the local economy and I like the service I recieve from them.

If you want our Island to stay prosperous and have a diversified trade base, I would advise that you consider carefully before buying off island to safegaurd your own future earnings and our local economy as a whole.

Geo

I have bought my last two BMW's on Island, the last one from Lancaster BMW in Douglas.

I could have saved a grand or two by buying off island, but I would rather buy on Island, it supports the local economy and I like the service I recieve from them.

If you want our Island to stay prosperous and have a diversified trade base, I would advise that you consider carefully before buying off island to safegaurd your own future earnings and our local economy as a whole.

Geo

I think maybe that comment should be addressed at the local traders who continue to rip the Island residents off beacause of that stretch of water. Its hardly surprising that whilst there is a bit of economic pinch going on that people try to get the most for their hard earned pound. If you are in a position to pay a few grand more for stuff then lucky you!

Well, in actual fact, the only thing you are supporting is a UK congolmerate which has a small base in the IoM and decides to 'fleece' it for every penny, but I take your point.

If they can't take the heat then.........

Someone will soon snap up prestige franchises like that and everyone worth employing in connection with them will be snapped up too.

Archived