Manxonline is no more

moddey

Phew! Struggling for breath there, but just survived. What a shock. Sorry to come to you second hand Unisol, but I hope it works out for you here.

Here is a very dull local forum in Melton Mowbray which could certainly do with livening up - maybe we could all decamp there if all else fails:

www.meltononline.co.uk/forum/default.asp - Cannot make the link work, is there some expert there who can?

Thanks Slim for your efforts.

As of yesterday your site was banned from all Government computers, no access could be gained. Was that just a co-incidence?

*Is there any chance Unisol of creating spontaneous one-off user names for the more comedic threads?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a way, I'd prefer it if this forum wasn't as successful as manx.net or manxonline. I'd rather keep it to the few of us that regularly chat on the forums and have good discussions that are unlikely to upset people. It's the success and exposure that brings the problems though, and the contentious issues that bring the visitors.
We don't want any trouble here, this is a local forum for local people. On the other hand - a forum which is devoid of anything which might potentially upset people would probably be rather pointless. People would be scared to express any opinions.

Other places manage to have lively and controversial discussion boards which are also intelligent.

Here is a very dull local forum in Melton Mowbray which could certainly do with livening up - maybe we could all decamp there if all else fails:
That's kind of what I was getting at.

I reckon somewhere in the US or maybe North Korea.

Then we apply for FORUM TWINNING status. Like Twinned Towns - which I never understood.

Meanwhile - some sort of email list might be good.

Archived