Manxonline is no more

moddey

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks - that's good about the log. We had a couple of issues early on in ManxOnline that would have been easily resolved with that function so that's nice to know.

Eee this my assistant thing is pretty cool. Is the calendar a forum wide one or is it for personal use. If it is a forum wide one could be quite useful for the muso's to put their gigs in, create a sort of gig guide.

We added a mod log, and yes it was very useful.

As to these forums going the same way, it'd be useful if all responsible members report things they see that might go over the line to a mod. I know I'll be letting Uni know if I see something I think will generate aggro for him.

(Slim)

You should be best equipped to do that having obviously been the recipient of the kind of complaints you're referring to.

We certainly need to be extra vigilant as we can't keep on being shipped from pillar to post. It takes time and effort from a lot of people to keep it interesting and lively and it's a great shame when that's just wiped out. We had some really good threads and I'm sure a lot of people would really appreciate it if you (Slim) could have a little sift through and pick out a few of the gems to transfer to here.

Hooray Zephyr!

Get posting - I could do with some toe curling sentiment tonight :lol:

PS Please repost some of your poems including your last one?

Zephyr! 

You thought your computer was broken? I was just in the process of removing the For Obs slanging match when it went. I thought I'd managed to delete the whole forum!

That's funny!

I'd just like to add my thanks to slim for hosting manxonline. I think we collectively achieved a lot on that forum and put a lot of our differences from manx.net aside. It's a great shame that someone had to ruin it though and I sincerely hope that they do not appear here too. That said, I was surprised to hear that a sigle individual had forced the closing of the forum through their continuous complaints. Without wishing to ask for too much detail, was this due to comments made personally against them or were they just one of life's complainers with too much time on their hands slim?

If the latter is the case, I'd be up for banning the likes of them from this forum tbh.

I hear that Furry Mongoose has also set up a forum too. Not checked it out yet but got an e-mail with the url earlier this evening.

P.S. thanks UniSol for keeping this forum going, I hope it stays and we coninue the community spirit. If I can help out in any small way, just ask.

Archived