Belgian Lawmakers Vote To Ban Burka

Amadeus

When in rome you do as the romans do.

If you choose to live in another country then you should have already taken into account the customs and traditions aswell as all the other benefits that you want to go there for, its a farce the way it is now, and they are not forced to comply with the countries way of life, they choose to live that life speaking that language or go somewhere else.

All the rest of your arguement is just pure radical bullshit you would expect to hear coming out of a blair babe.

Human fucking rights, what about the countries natives rights to live unburdened by all the PC bullshit, and laws imposed for all the bloody minorities.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Rome got to do with anything? Why should I give that phrase any credit, simply because it is used often to excuse that outlook?

If you choose to live in another country then you should have already taken into account the customs and traditions aswell as all the other benefits that you want to go there for, its a farce the way it is now, and they are not forced to comply with the countries way of life, they choose to live that life speaking that language or go somewhere else.

I disagree. Just because another land has people in it who live a particular way does not mean you should completely adopt their culture. It might reduce social tensions that arise from cultural prejudices but I don't think it is an argument that has any merit except from a particular outlook that sees other cultural influences as a threat. There is much to learn from other people and their cultural behaviours and much they can learn from us.

HOWEVER, there are particular problems that has arisen out of the real racial problems in Britain where specific cultural (incl. religion) behaviours are accorded respect and proctection in very specific circumstances. But the manner in which they have been dealt with shows no common sense at all, and we can blame those in government for how they have been conducted.

All the rest of your arguement is just pure radical bullshit you would expect to hear coming out of a blair babe.
I don't think you know what my views are at all. Blair advocated a particular form of integration based on multiculturalism. And Blair was no radical. My views are very common, maybe not on the Isle of Man, but the Isle of Man is far more conservative and less open to new ideas at present given its lack of experience with cultural interaction and popular reliance on the tripe in the tabloids and Daily Mail or Express for information.

Human fucking rights, what about the countries natives rights to live unburdened by all the PC bullshit, and laws imposed for all the bloody minorities.
Human Rights? What do they have to do with this debate. We were talking about freedoms that should be taken for granted, not human rights that have come about to protect people who would otherwise treated poorly by the government/State. And countries don't have 'native rights'. What do you mean by this?

You are not burdered by PC shit. Political correctness is just a guide on how to talk to people and what language to use.

And what laws do you have an objection to as they relate to bloody minorities?

Ill-informed Berk.

Now a law on the IOM banning them would be quite popular.....

Archived