White City Reunion On June 17Th 2010

whitecityboy

I worked at White City from 1969 to 1972 and had lodgings at 5 edward road,onchan. I worked on the canoes, the ghost train and the trampolines. I remember watching all the boats sailing in from Ireland on Orange Day and there used to be special buses bringing the trippers to White City. I worked there with two friends who like me came from the wirral and I still see them in our local pub in hoylake, wirral. Nigel used to do the darts stall and Alan used to work on the roller coaster. would love to hear from anyone who used to work there. whatwever happened to Louis (he used to drive the transit van to and from the rendezvous cafe in douglas picking up the workers. Pete Myers was the boss and mad Ivy on the winchester rifle stalls and irish Sammy on the dodgems. Great days.... I used to work at Clucas Laundry in the winter time.

I am bringing the liverpool band CHINA CRISIS over to the Island for a gig at Fiesta Havana on June 17th and it would be great to meet up with old pals.

Maybe we could have a reunion in the afternoon before the Gig or after cos the bar will be open till 3am, or someone suggest somewhere else. Dont want to be talking 'old times' whilst the Gig is on do we.

cheers, roy

I am bringing the liverpool band CHINA CRISIS over to the Island for a gig at Fiesta Havana on June 17th and it would be great to meet up with old pals

chhers, roy

I assume that the China Crisis ticket sales are not going down a bomb then if the main lure you can find to get a few extra people into Havana on the night is to chew the fat about long defunct funfair that was not very good.

I am bringing the liverpool band CHINA CRISIS over to the Island for a gig at Fiesta Havana on June 17th and it would be great to meet up with old pals

chhers, roy

I assume that the China Crisis ticket sales are not going down a bomb then if the main lure you can find to get a few extra people into Havana on the night is to chew the fat about long defunct funfair that was not very good.

Oops! sorry if it looks like what you say. But in truth the China Crisis tickets only went on sale 48hrs ago. What I meant to say was that if anyone fancies a reunion then I would be on The Island on the 17th June. The reunion could be in the afternoon or even AFTER the China Crisis Gig cos there will be a 3am bar, or maybe in Colours or somewhere. I dont want to be talking whilst a Gig is on anyway.

Archived