Student Wins Right To Wear Jilbab

kite

Paging Rog to the forum......

Seeing you ask ---

So it is now a fact that the Human rights law differs from country to country.

In France school pupils are not allowed to wear any form of clothing or ornamentation referring to religion, and yet that is entirely within the human rights of people in France. In Germany people are forbidden to wear the swastika, and yet that is entirely within the human rights of people in Germany. Yet in the UK it is against the human rights of people to be banned from not simply sticking to the school uniform dress code. It would be enough to make a cat laugh if it wasn’t so serious an indication of just how bad things really are in the UK.

But in any case things, especially where islam, is involved - the cult that recommends telling lies to further its aims (true) - are NEVER what they are frequently set out as being.

Shabina Begum was encouraged and supported by an extremist Muslim splinter group to take the action that she did.

This group, Hizb ut-Tahrir (HuT), which is legal in Britain but has been banned in Germany and much of the Middle East as well, advised Shabina Begum, a 15-year-old orphan. Funded by legal aid, and with Cherrie Bleah, the Westminster Gargoyle as her advocate, her case was granted in the High Court.

HuT’s role is particularly disturbing because of Begum’s vulnerability. She was 13 when, in September 2002, she was sent home from Denbigh high school in Luton for wearing a jilbab, an ankle-length dress that leaves only the face and hands visible.

Begum, who was regarded as a promising pupil, was orphaned last April with the death of her mother. Her father had died in 1992. Her 21-year-old brother, Shuweb Rahman, who helped her bring the case, is an avid HuT supporter.

Now she was not excluded, she was simply told to attend in a school uniform and a school uniform incidentally that has options that meet the requirements of mohammedans anyway – itself something that I personally find offensive. If people come to the UK then they should adopt OUR customs and styles. If they don’t like ‘em --- simple, don’t come. Period.

It turns out that leading activists had encouraged Begum in the dispute. As was disclosed by one of the HuT mob “Our members in Luton have consistently advised Shabina and her family to stand up for her right to an education and her right to observe the Islamic ordinances, including the wearing of the jilbab,”

Perhaps our expats in Muslim countries should claim that drinking alcohol and wearing shorts, baring their arms etc is part of our religion and so claim that their human rights are being ignored in their countries. Yeah. Right.

He denied that the group had contributed financially towards the legal action or to her family. Well he would, wouldn’t he.

According to Dr Nazreen Nawaz, also an HuT spokesman, one of the group’s supporters, Rebekha Khan, 23, has been in contact with Begum for the past two years. This weekend, Khan played down her role:

In the past HuT has been likened to the British National party but more rabid and hate filled, and has a record of targeting young people in schools and universities to lure them away from the mainstream of the mohammedan community in Britain.

Almost 80% of its 1,000 pupils at the school the kid attended are mohammedans anyway, and its dress code, which allows pupils to wear a shalwar kameez (trousers and a long tunic), was ‘introduced’ by the town’s Council of Mosques. Whatever are our towns and cities coming to.

The school had argued that going further, by permitting the jilbab, would create further intra ‘faith’ divisions by implying that those who did not wear it were not as devout as those who did. It also suggested that the garment posed a safety hazard.

Earlier this year, another Luton school, Icknield High, was targeted by extremists after the head teacher, Keith Ford, insisted that Muslim girls should not wear hijabs. Ford was forced to take early retirement, despite insisting he would not be forced to “retire over a matter of a piece of cloth”. The picket by the radical Muslim group al-Muhajiroun was said to have had nothing to do with that decision --- the governors said that they had already decided on legal advice in January that they had to permit the wearing of the hijab. Again, well they would, wouldn’t they.

The followers of HuT, as with all mohammedan sects ultimate aim is a worldwide Muslim state, a Caliphate, ruled by sharia, Islamic law, and islamic activists – not even extremists, constantly tell mohammedans not to participate in democratic politics

There was no comment from Cherie Bleah. Well, she wouldn’t would she.

Dear God, this situation is betting bad.

This country is slowly but surely being taken over a cliff aid by blinkered politicians, PC judiciary and so called human rights people who ignore human rights for those who are the majority

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really that important to schools what their pupils wear? I mean after all, the children are there to be educated, but send your child into school with anything but the exact uniform they are told to wear, and the school suddenly gets into a fizz about it.

Where did all this come from? Why cant we just send children to school in what we want them to wear, not what the school wants them to wear. Why does a muslim girl have to fight for the right to wear clothes that are a part of her religion?

Send your kids to school in their own clothes and let them wear what they want, they're there to learn, clothing and religion shouldnt be a part of the decision process that decides if a child can or cannot be at that school.

Good for the girl, I'm glad she won, but she should have the right to wear what she likes, along with any other person of any other religion.

That, is my opinion. :)

It is important because at school all children should be equal, this is one of the main reasons school uniform was introduced, children pounce on anything different, and if one person is wearing a veil it is a rather obvious difference.

Religion should be about what is inside anyway, not showing off your faith by outer garments.

on a slightly differnt note, when recently away I noticed several (Iassume) muslins going through passport control. full muslim dress including headwear, how can any passport officer be sure she is whoever she says she is on her passport with her head almost toally covered? is there a procedure for this I wonder.

This is not about a mohammedan kid wanting to wear garb that aligns with their cult. The school already had a uniform code that included items that met the requirements. This is about the promotion of radical islam in our schools and society.

School uniform per se has very little to do with this case.

on a slightly differnt note, when recently away I noticed several (Iassume) muslins going through passport control. full muslim dress including headwear, how can any passport officer be sure she is whoever she says she is on her passport with her head almost toally covered? is there a procedure for this I wonder.

Yes but accorining to an immigration official that goes to the same pub that I freqent God help any of them that tries to invoke it.

Paging Rog to the forum......

Now she was not excluded, she was simply told to attend in a school uniform and a school uniform incidentally that has options that meet the requirements of mohammedans anyway – itself something that I personally find offensive.

If people come to the UK then they should adopt OUR customs and styles. If they don’t like ‘em --- simple, don’t come. Period.

That's bollox. I spent a lot of my education in the Middle East at muslim schools. Not once did the issue of what I wanted to wear or what I would do at prayer time etc crop up. In fact I did not have to adopt to THEIR customs or styles at all.

You talk absolute tosh.

Was told  I was not allowed to wear a kilt at school, and also banned from wearing it in a particular nightclub as it causes friction.  So what's the difference?

Causes friction?

I thought nothing was worn under the kilt and everything was running smoothly????

Well wool is a rough material,.

The friction was between me + eejits.

That's bollox. I spent a lot of my education in the Middle East at muslim schools. Not once did the issue of what I wanted to wear or what I would do at prayer time etc crop up. In fact I did not have to adopt to THEIR customs or styles at all.

You talk absolute tosh.

Fine - same as in many schools in the UK they don't even HAVE uniforms and I’ve seen women of indeterminate age wandering around our major cities in the burka looking like animated bin-bags but if you had gone to a devout school you would have been obliged to observe their requirements Same as no booze, same with a great deal of things which they accept as being the norm in their countries as being their ways and customs and yet will not permit us to have our own customs and norms in our own country.

Sorry sd, it's not me who's writing tosh or bollox on this subject.

Archived