Top Cardinal, Tarcisio Bertone, Blames Paedophile Crisis On Homosexuals

- Paul -

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7096149.ece

The Pope’s right-hand man has blamed homosexuals for the clerical abuse scandals in the Roman Catholic Church, while denying any connection between paedophilia and priestly celibacy.

Speaking on a visit to Chile, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican Secretary of State, said: “Many psychologists and psychiatrists have demonstrated that there is no relationship between celibacy and paedophilia. But many others have demonstrated, I have been told recently, that there is a relationship between homosexuality and paedophilia. That is true. That is the problem.”

Incredible.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pope’s right-hand man has blamed homosexuals for the clerical abuse scandals in the Roman Catholic Church, while denying any connection between paedophilia and priestly celibacy.

Speaking on a visit to Chile, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican Secretary of State, said: “Many psychologists and psychiatrists have demonstrated that there is no relationship between celibacy and paedophilia. But many others have demonstrated, I have been told recently, that there is a relationship between homosexuality and paedophilia. That is true. That is the problem.”

Incredible.

This is the worst kind of homophobia. Blaming homosexuality for paedophilia is bewilderingly misguided. I hope the Vatican denounces his comments. The Catholic Church is becoming a laughing stock.

One thing gets me is that all the latest news just seems to concentrate on the catholic religion, I wonder how many jewish, protestant, muslim, hindu, jehovas witness, mormon, quaker religious leaders etc are also guilty of this, quite a few I would expect.

I don't doubt it.

However, the CC has systematically covered up or ignored the issue for the last half century and beyond.

Time after time, country after country.

That it's now getting hammered for it is its own doing - the result of a massive co-ordinated aborregation of responsibility over decades.

Cover ups have a way of uncovering sooner or later.

One thing gets me is that all the latest news just seems to concentrate on the catholic religion, I wonder how many jewish, protestant, muslim, hindu, jehovas witness, mormon, quaker religious leaders etc are also guilty of this, quite a few I would expect.

I don't know if the 'clergy' or holy men in other religions have to be celibate or not. This isn't a religious matter, but one to do with celibacy, not simply being religious.

Incredible.

Whats incredible you dont think the pope flogs his own mutton do you.

And it says man so he isnt a paedo.

As you've probably heard, the Pope has asked all the Cardinals to return to Rome. You know how they got them all to come back? They told them that there was going to be a performance by the Vienna Boys Choir.

A teenage boy, then enters the confessional where there is a new young priest and says “Forgive me father for I have sinned. Yesterday I let my girlfriend give me a blowjob.”

The young priest looks at the penance chart but doesn’t see blowjob on it. He opens the door and calls over one of the alter boys. “What does the priest give you boys for blowjobs?” he asks.

The alter boy replies “A can of coke and a Mars bar.”

I read this in the paper this morning Ireland has a priest shortage. So you see, there is some good news in the world. ... To give you an idea how bad it is, earlier today in Dublin an alter boy had to grope himself.

Nonetheless he has a point. One form of perversion can all too easily lead to another.

There is no proven link between paedophilia and homosexuality.

However there is now a proven link between Catholicism and paedophilia thanks to recent events.

It is sort of understandable. Put someone in an unnatural position: tell them they can't have sex and that they will be punished for doing so and live a life where they have little or no contact with potential consenting partners and then you'll have one very sexually repressed person. No surprise they deal with this by going for what is convenient.

Archived