Xcm Facing New Investigation

Paul H

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't the point about Ned that he is now ex-Chief Minister?

Leaving aside the civil claim, which has nothing to do with anyone's profession (if it is only a civil claim), most of the real controversy over the past year was that he hadn't stepped down from the CM post once he was under criminal investigation.

He has now done so, albeit in my opinion belatedly.

Whether he should step down as an MHK as a consequence of the allegations is a different matter again. Is that the implicit suggestion in the posts (assuming the information is correct)? Or are they simply moving towards vindictiveness?

Frankly, the thread as it stands is worth as much to the public interest as speculating that someone might have won some money on the lotto. We already know he's been arrested.

Assuming the rumour is true, and leaving aside the need for off-Island investigators, how much difference does it make if the police, the fraud squad or C&E are involved in the investigation of an alleged offence of that nature?

And why are some people so quick to try and discredit the postings of other people???? Just because somebody is unwilling or unable to disclose the source of their information dosent necessarily make it a load of bol---ks. The postings of an individual contributor can only be judged on their accuracy once the facts appear in the public domain and then you can take a view on how accurate a poster is which will dictate the credibility you give to his or her postings in the future. Dont scare off the contributors to this forum who bring out factual information which has in the past been acted on in the intrests of the Islands Public.

What Paul H has mentioned on here is nothing more than both FCMR and Crumlin posted many moons ago either on here or the old MT site.

It is Customs and Excise Paul.

I agree with you too billy. Paul H dont pay no heed to them, their mostly the type who never have anything interesting to say themselves! when was the last time any of them telling paul to shut it started a thread themselves ? :whatever:

:unsure:

Hello Im new on here.. But some things dont seem that new. Or are they!!

Whats happening about the Xcm ...

Bad Farts always last longest an it looks like this has been a stinkey one!!!!!!!

Ned will not be charged, he is to get slap on the wrist and told to resign as an MHK. The Government are going to put this to bed for the sake of the reputation of the IOM

Reputation?? We don't have one any more so that might be the public spin...I used to be proud of the Isle of Man - now I don't mention it.

Archived