Last Game You Bought

Ant

What was the last game each of you purchased?. The last game I bought was Super Smash Brothers Melee for my GameCube. I'm enjoying it but there are a lack of moves for the characters to perform. The camera angles can also be a bit of a pain. On the plus side though the graphics are lush and the character voices are good.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trasformers for the PS2, second hand.

Haven't had much of a chance to play it all that much yet but then I never spend that much time using my consoles unless my mates are round for a pissup/console fest which doesn't happen all that often really.

Bring back the glory days of champ 2 97/98!

I've still got that! :o no idea if it works on XP though.

I recently got the newest release of CM... I'm not really that impressed with it - it looks too much like CM4 and CM4 sucked really. It might just be me, but they changed too much from CM3 when they brought out CM4. Ok, the interface looked better, but trying to navigate around the game was hellish, there was just too much on the screen at any one time. They seemed to have toned that down in the new version, but I dunno, still doesnt feel like CM used to.

I still prefer to play on CM3 01/02... might have to give the old CM2 a dust off now though just to see if it does work :lol:

I still prefer to play on CM3 01/02... might have to give the old CM2 a dust off now though just to see if it does work :lol:

A load of my mates didn't like the latest release hence are still playing 01/02 aswell.

Maybe I'll have to pick up a copy and see what I'm missing out on!

I got my 01/02 a while back for £5 on Amazon's "used & new" section. Best £5 I ever spent! I could hardly tell it had been used. Amazon "Used & New" Link if you're intersted ;)

• 3 weeks later...

UT2004,TOCA Race Driver 2 and just pre-ordered DOOM III in the last few months.

On the ps/2, I've just bought Crash Bandicoot:Wrath of Cortex and TY tasmanian something or other (both for my wife), and I'm going to buy the TT Superbikes game :)

I bought a chess set in 1951 at Baldrine Chapel jumble sale.

Before that I made do with a set I made from turnips which had frozen in the ground. The hardest substance known to man is a frozen turnip. That was the winter of 1948 when we had frost for 65 days consecutive.

But the new set, with a smart pine box was a real beauty.

I learned 'Fool's Mate' from an old chap who had seen service in the British Army in South Africa at the turn of the century. He learned if from a kaffir who he had been guarding.

I still use it, but during the winters of 1959 and 1962, when again we had long frosts and deep snow for weeks, I used all the pawns for firewood and to heat up the turnip soup..

Having no pawns changes the nature of the game, and having no-one to pay with, as all my acquaintances are dead, also changes the nature of the game.

But I still go on. .... Once the chess stops, I think I will.

Archived