The Gingers Are Getting It

Amadeus

M.I.A. Video Removed From YouTube - Ginger abuse too much for the internet

The new video from Sri Lankan born star M.I.A. has been restricted on YouTube, due to excessive violence.

M.I.A. has always been deeply outspoken. The daughter of a Tamil civil rights activist, the singer has frequently caused controversy and recently sparked a debate over the New York Times coverage of Sri Lankan politics.

Working on her new album, M.I.A. recently unveiled new track 'Born Free' on her website. Accompanied by a nine minute video the singer has decided to show a police crackdown... against ginger people?

A copy of it currently still here - contains violence, nudity, etc, etc, blahdibla:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcg6_E_CRyk

Obviously the idiot has never been with a redhead or he would know better and this is from someone who has been married to one for over 26yrs and wouldn't swap for any other hair colour.

I don't know whether they should be shot for being ginger or wearing those shellsuits. They're both outrageous.

Excellent video though. More than what I thought it would be. I kinda thought it might be just some video with lots of violence that is simply shocking because of the violence and that would be what it's purpose is.

That is rather intolerant and bigoted LDV calling someone just because of their hair colour, that's the last thing I would have expected of you to show hatred to a minority.

LDV I find your comments on ginger people totally offensive considering my wife is one, you would soon start to shout I am homophobic if I started refering to you as a raving poofta and you should be attacked and abused because it is an acceptable outlet for social tensions, so what is the difference. BTW I am serious here this is not a joke to me.

Obviously the idiot has never been with a redhead or he would know better and this is from someone who has been married to one for over 26yrs and wouldn't swap for any other hair colour.

Bloody hell Jim, you've got yourself all wound up over nothing here. The video isn't condoning abuse of ginger people at all, it's a video that I'm guessing is supposed to provoke some thought about persecution of groups of people full stop. Did you even watch it?

And if you weren't so angry you'd probably have noticed that MIA is female. The clue was the use of the word "daughter" in Amadeus' description.

...so what is the difference.
Hair colour.

So I see it is ok for you to be abusive to someone because they look different but when someone does the same to you it is wrong what a two faced twat you really are

Bloody hell Jim, you've got yourself all wound up over nothing here. The video isn't condoning abuse of ginger people at all, it's a video that I'm guessing is supposed to provoke some thought about persecution of groups of people full stop. Did you even watch it?

And if you weren't so angry you'd probably have noticed that MIA is female. The clue was the use of the word "daughter" in Amadeus' description.

I will conceed on that after watching it a second time, the first time I did not watch much of it. I can now see it's message. It is one of the few things I actually feel strongly about due to lasting effect it had on my wife from being young due to constant abuse for being ginger. same goes for anyone who looks different, I once gave some woman a right chewing off in public just for dragging her child away from playing with another child who had a quite large growth on her face, psychological abuse like that often does more harm than physical.

Archived