Yob Wins Right To Walk Around Looking Like An Idiot

Amadeus

Yob wins right to wear trousers that show his underpants after judge said Asbo ruling would 'breach human rights'

A teenager has struck an unwelcome victory for young thugs after an order to stop him wearing low-slung trousers and a hooded top was scrapped because it breached his ‘human rights’.

Ellis Drummond, 18, a violent offender and drug user, faced a ban on the clothing because he was considered to be wearing it in an ‘intimidatory manner’.

Critics said the decision amounted to the human rights of the criminal being put above those of ordinary people.

The Crown Prosecution Service had applied for him to receive an anti-social behaviour order preventing him from ‘wearing trousers so low beneath the waistline that members of the public are able to see his underwear’ and any tops ‘with the hood up’.

But it withdrew the request following a complaint backed by District Judge Nicholas Leigh-Smith, who told Bedford Magistrates’ Court: ‘Some of the requirements struck me as contrary to the Human Rights Act.’

Personally, I think that story is pants...

I have apparently been found guilty of a similar offence.

My inamorata doesn't like my trusty Hawiian shirt, which after many years sterling service has mysteriously started to fall apart at the seams...

What's next? charging someone for wearing a loud shirt after 10pm.

Strange but true a Mr Winston Kodogo of 55 Mercer Road was charged with this offence as well as "Smelling of foreign food" and the rather more serious "Treading on the cracks in the pavement".

Send him down I say...

I couldn't help but laugh at his clobber.

I'm not sure what its supposed to represent, but it looks so silly and I'm sure clowns all over the UK are following suit :lol:

That said, I don't see what the problem is as to what he's wearing, as I couldn't class it as being sinister and especially worn in an intimidatory manner, could you?

If he wore shorts or swimming trunks, what would that be classed as?

I can't say I'd invite him round for tea, but trying to class that particular way of dressing as intimidatory is a little below the belt. :P

I have to agree manxy, it is far from sinister, that garb and the way he more than likely speaks would induce more tears of laughter than fear.

I have to agree manxy, it is far from sinister, that garb and the way he more than likely speaks would induce more tears of laughter than fear.

....and it has the added benefit of preventing him from running away from the Fuzz ....two steps and flat on his face with his pants down there round his knees hahaha....

Do kilt wearers have anything to fear?

Apart from wind and cold weather.

Archived