Dominos

theman

I will certainly give them a go !

I've tried quite a few places over here, Baileys are generally OK but some arrive quite badly burnt as do Pizza Pizza and Pizza King

When they are NOT burnt they are nice though. Home run are probably the best tasting, but they are far too greasy and as soon as you take a bite the topping just slops off leaving an empty slice in your hand. My wife always feels sick after a Home run pizza too.

Appetitos are very good, they taste the highest quality i would say, but they are quite expensive as well and are still quite greasy

I'll try Star Grill next month though (cut down to one a month!)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When they are NOT burnt they are nice though. Home run are probably the best tasting, but they are far too greasy and as soon as you take a bite the topping just slops off leaving an empty slice in your hand. My wife always feels sick after a Home run pizza too.

A former employee of Home Run taught me that you can, to an extent, de-grease a Home Run pizza by turning the box upside down for ten seconds. It makes the box lid look a little unsettling (VERY greasy), but it does improve the pizza.

Took 45 minutes despite being addressed 4-6 (instead of 46) and with a new delivery driver ... 8/10.

Was rather hot (as I'd hoped) and tasted pretty good ... 7/10. But at £ 20 including a tip for one pizza and two cokes, I'm not sure it was worth the cash ... 4/10.

Home Run et al won't be too arsed by Dominos IMHO. They could even step their game up a little with a few more recipes, options etc and ensure regulars like me have no need to wander ...

Yoda ...

A former employee of Home Run taught me that you can, to an extent, de-grease a Home Run pizza by turning the box upside down for ten seconds. It makes the box lid look a little unsettling (VERY greasy), but it does improve the pizza.

You have to be careful, though because in that 10 seconds the entire topping might slide off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checked dominos prices and its £2 more over here.

I only checked as i thought £16.49 for a large pizza very dear,i bought one from castle mono st and it was £13.00 including chips!delivered.

I am nothing to do with Dominos, or any pizza place here but.....

1. There are no shortage of pizza places to eat or those that deliver

2. The IoM is a different market to the UK.

I have ordered Dominos and some of the other independents though and I agree that Dominos is expensive, but I also think it tastes nicer..

Good to have some competition on price and quality I think!

I rang Dominos liverpool, they said the best price delivered for a large meat sizzler would be £194.25 which included the ferry charges.

Quite reasonable I thought.

If its not at your door within half an hour is it free?

Even better value.

Probably a shed load warmer than any of the other ones delivered on the island too!

Archived