Dominos

theman

We ordered last night. An inordinate wait for delivery (fair enough, it's new and busy) but the pizza was pretty mediocre really. The smallest is for toddlers and the appearance of the small Meat Feast put the lad off eating it. I had some afer he went to bed and it was, actually, quite nice Overall, I wouldn't rate it any better than the pizza purveyors already here. Nice sexy order online, but last night they couldn't even take card payments.

With modern pizzas you just get his feeling of stodge; I do like the idea of a light baked crust with tasty things on top and,invariably, am disappointed.

Anyone remember Sams on Strathallan? Beautiful light bases, lots of interesting combinations toppings (you didn't have to have a tomato and cheese base, well, not noticeably so) and the best home made pate ever. More than 30 years later I can still taste their seafood pizza and their pate.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ordered last night. An inordinate wait for delivery (fair enough, it's new and busy) but the pizza was pretty mediocre really. The smallest is for toddlers and the appearance of the small Meat Feast put the lad off eating it. I had some afer he went to bed and it was, actually, quite nice Overall, I wouldn't rate it any better than the pizza purveyors already here. Nice sexy order online, but last night they couldn't even take card payments.

With modern pizzas you just get his feeling of stodge; I do like the idea of a light baked crust with tasty things on top and,invariably, am disappointed.

Anyone remember Sams on Strathallan? Beautiful light bases, lots of interesting combinations toppings (you didn't have to have a tomato and cheese base, well, not noticeably so) and the best home made pate ever. More than 30 years later I can still taste their seafood pizza and their pate.

i ordered from Domino's on friday. 2 large pizzas one with a dominator crust. had trouble with the online order so i called in, the gentleman was very nice and helpful. took the order and told me the cost. it was delivered within 20 minutes, piping hot, and it was great pizza. i worked in 2 pizza places in Canada for 3 years ( pizza pizza and little ceasers) and i am not a great fan of pizza, but the kids were Really wanting to try. so i caved in. so for me to like a pizza it really has to impress me. there was enough in the 2 large pizzas for 7 people to get nicely stuffed ( that dominator crust really fills you up ) Give them some time to get the running of the place right. the driver was really nice and friendly and their drivers have allot more care for the road on their scooters then home run drivers do that is for sure

Had one on Friday night. Identical, if not in fact inferior, to Chicago Town's Takeaway range.

The main differences are that the Chicago Town Takeaway pizza can be eaten when ever you want and will cost you £4 rather than £12. They are available from the Co-op's in Duke Street and Ramsey, save yourself the £8.

A couple of nights ago I followed a little moped up Johnny Wattersons Lane with a Big square box on the back with Dominos Pizza Logos on it (next to the L Plate) so I took it that the rider worked for the this new pizza place. They obviously don't take health and safety that seriously as the rider was wearing a jumper, tracksuit trousers and no gloves.

i worked in 2 pizza places in Canada for 3 years ( pizza pizza and little ceasers)

You sound like you work for a pizza place here too as judging by this thread you're the only person that seems to think that the place isn't crap.

haha no i dont work for Domino's lol mother of 5 soon to be six, far to busy lol but no i liked the pizza, i have had worse. not saying i havent had better but its not half bad. and the service i got was good.

maybe it was the pregnancy hormones that made the pizza so yummy lol :P

as for the cost, it is a takeaway pizza from a large american pizza chain, its not gonna be cheap :( but its not a disgusting price. i got two large with a dominator crust for under 20 quid. for my family that was cheeper then mcdonalds lol ( there is 7 soon to be 8 ) and i didnt have to cook :) now i wont do it every week but a nice night out on the prom or picnic at nobles park with the kids and a pizza maybe once a month, its ok i think. OR if i get them on a tues, i get one of them free so i have been told right?? even cheaper for me :)

Sams on Strathallan. Ah yes I remember it well. That was when I had hair! Closest I've had to their pizzas are from Appetites on Prospect Hill. Menu here. http://www.appetites.im/Pizzamenu.pdf Their luxury pizzas are to die for.

The Welsh Wizard - how come 3 of your 4 posts have been about bigging up Appetites Pizza's from the point of view of someone who supposedly has purchases pizzas from them? (apart from one where you seem to have made an error whilst attempting to post one of the 3 bigging up the posts?!)

Is your real name Darryl?!

Once got so fed up waiting for a pizza I felt like topping myself.. :ph34r:

But seriously, takeaway pizzas, why? As posted earlier, buy one in a shop for a quarter of the price and bung it in an oven for 10/15 mniutes. Hell, why not go mental and buy youself enough garlic bread for 2 for a £1!! As my Grandad said: " a fool and his money are soon parted"...

Archived