Dominos

theman

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha, it's funny when the new place opens and EVERYONE goes in the first week or two and snows them under and then everyone says the service is crap. Anyone remember when McDonalds opened and the queues all the way in Peel Road for weeks?

You can apply that argument to anything. People buy them because they like them and/or can't be arsed cooking.

Do you see?

Pizzas are an unusual example of the 'genre' though, in that there's minimal cost and effort involved with producing one yourself that's at least as good as you'd get from Dominos.

(Unlike, say, a full Indian or Chinese takeaway, which would require quite a lot of ingredients and a fair amount of faffing about in the kitchen to make yourself.)

Personally I find the Waitrose branded pizzas from Shoprite (the chilled ones, not the frozen ones) to be superior to any takeaway pizza I've ever had, and I'm sure anyone could find their own favourite variety/brand from Shoprite or elsewhere.

Your basic point is fair enough, however, pizzas really are pushing the 'I'm lazy and I like them' argument to the limits IMO.

I'll happily get an Indian takeaway 'cause there's no way I'm going to make two different curries, two types of rice, five pickles, poppadoms and two types of naan bread myself.

A pizza on the other hand? £4 from Shoprite, stick in oven for ten minutes, job done.......

I'll happily get an Indian takeaway 'cause there's no way I'm going to make two different curries, two types of rice, five pickles, poppadoms and two types of naan bread myself.

A pizza on the other hand? £4 from Shoprite, stick in oven for ten minutes, job done.......

Getting a pizza from shoprite and sticking it in the oven is not 'making a pizza'.

I agree with slinkydevil here

By your logic you can buy a waitrose vurry for a reasonable price and nuke it for 2 minutes

I agree with slinkydevil here

By your logic you can buy a waitrose vurry for a reasonable price and nuke it for 2 minutes

I think there is a big difference between supermarket pizza compared to takeaway and supermarket curry compared to takeaway.

I've never had a readymade prawn bhuna or chicken jalfezi that tasted anywhere near as good as what I've had from say Rasoi or Chillies.

Whereas the standard of say M&S's or Tesco's pizzas are on a par with anything I've had in a pizzeria. With the possible exception of Paparazzi's.

I've never ordered an pizza online in my whole life. After reading this thread, me (and him) decided to give it a go. Haven't eaten ALL day. Mighty hungry and just a little bit excited. The thought of a night off cooking and a man arriving on his scooter with our supper in his little box began to occupy our every thought, and, being able to track it all on line was just so so ..... up there (or is it down there) wiv da kids.

And then....

"Sorry, we are unable to accept online orders until further notice."

Gutted.

/drags lazy lard arse to the kitchen to make boiled eggs and soldiers.

All this pizza talk persuaded me to get a couple of Goodfellas pepperonis from Tesco's, £4 for the 2. Bargain!

Look at the salt content, AND GOOD LUCK.

You couldnt get anymore salt licking a sweaty dogs bollocks..

I take it you are speaking from personal experience there old chap

We ordered a pizza (and some chips) last weekend from another delivery place.

Chap came along in good time, and charged us exactly £1.00 more than the menu listed.

After several cans of 'wife beater', I couldn't be bothered arguing, so paid him the asking price. It was only afterwards that the wife commented, as she had added it up again

Only after (24hrs after) did the wife and I discuss the incident again, and if the delivery guy was at it all the time, he could be on a good number.

Alternatively, it could have been an innocent mistake. Wonder if anyone else had a similar experience with pizza delivered by Eastern Europeans?

Archived