Fatal Accident

Pierrot Lunaire

Speed limit. Having one in place will cause no accidents, having one in place will if not eliminate all accidents at least eliminate some.

It's a no-brain'er.

If the guy was doing 50 on the wrong side of the road then he would still in all likelyhood be killed.....a speed limit will not eliminate fatalities when it is still legal to drive/ride like a cock end.

Education and speed restrictions need to go hand in hand.....

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spanna seems to be suggesting that the cardboard cutouts aren't working! I have to say, as an ex-biker of many years experience (so not anti-bike as such) that only high-profile policing will make any difference to the mad speed culture that we all know exists on Manx roads. Anyone travelling on the TT course roads on a Saturday or Sunday especially has experienced the highly dangerous antics of bikers, and others, so I don't need to quote examples.

I have been known to move along a bit myself at times but I always think of what might be around the next bend (broken down wagon maybe) and allow enough time/distance to react.

So ask yourself this, if the police are serious about road safety - where are they? How often to you see police vehicles on patrol - other than TT and MGP times. I think we have become complacent and accept road deaths as just an unfortunate accident. Sorry to ramble on about this - I know it's not going to change any time soon......

So everyone assumes that it was the biker's fault and that excessive speed was involved before any details are known. What a bunch if ill informed twats.

go see the markings in the road for yourself, then you can be an informed twat.

So ask yourself this, if the police are serious about road safety - where are they? How often to you see police vehicles on patrol - other than TT and MGP times.

do I remember correctly, that a few years ago under a 'new broom' the police actually closed the 'traffic division' and merged it all into the general operations, so you lose the bunch of guys whose sole purpose in life was to be out on the road doing what needs to be done !

Lets not apportion blame eh? bye thread.

It's as inevitable as the sun going down. The thread will vanish. The passion that is always stimulated by the latest highway tragedy will gradually wane, and by the time the inquest comes along bringing the incident back into the spotlight nobody will give a toss. Time is a wonderful protector of the status quo.

It's as inevitable as the sun going down. The thread will vanish. The passion that is always stimulated by the latest highway tragedy will gradually wane, and by the time the inquest comes along bringing the incident back into the spotlight nobody will give a toss. Time is a wonderful protector of the status quo.

I suppose if we really gave a shit about it, we'd follow political process and try to get things changed. The speed limit was pretty close to being implemented a few years ago but the anti guys got themselves quite organised vs the apathetic.

Some bikers ride safe - some ride like twats... and the same goes for some car drivers too.

I have had a couple of really near misses with bikes blatting past me in stupid places and I half expect to see them smeared over the road a few bends later. Had a guy this afternoon overtake me on a bend where he had no possible way of knowing if anything was coming around the bend.

I have fitted a digital camcorder to my dash and will be passing on any details+footage of bikes or cars that are putting other people at risk.

Sounds a bit harsh, but I don't want to die just yet at the hands of some pillock thanks :blink:

On Sunday while slowing down to stop at a red light at Ballacraine me and 3 other vehicles had the pleasure of this attached muppet overtake us all in the 30 limit before the light, Inital thought was he was an Idiot comeover on a deathwish and could sort of reason that he did not want to be stuck behind a couple of vehicles going through to Glen Helen,

No Sadly I was wrong this was a local Bike and thought he should know better so he moved up from 'Muppet' Status, then as if it was not enough when the light changed he tore off through St Johns like a proper Halfwit...... Carry on like that son and you should expect a Visit from the boys in Blue, hopefully before your family do

post-7123-127478448254_thumb.jpg

Some bikers ride safe - some ride like twats... and the same goes for some car drivers too.

I have had a couple of really near misses with bikes blatting past me in stupid places and I half expect to see them smeared over the road a few bends later. Had a guy this afternoon overtake me on a bend where he had no possible way of knowing if anything was coming around the bend.

I have fitted a digital camcorder to my dash and will be passing on any details+footage of bikes or cars that are putting other people at risk.

Sounds a bit harsh, but I don't want to die just yet at the hands of some pillock thanks :blink:

On Sunday while slowing down to stop at a red light at Ballacraine me and 3 other vehicles had the pleasure of this attached muppet overtake us all in the 30 limit before the light, Inital thought was he was an Idiot comeover on a deathwish and could sort of reason that he did not want to be stuck behind a couple of vehicles going through to Glen Helen,

No Sadly I was wrong this was a local Bike and thought he should know better so he moved up from 'Muppet' Status, then as if it was not enough when the light changed he tore off through St Johns like a proper Halfwit...... Carry on like that son and you should expect a Visit from the boys in Blue, hopefully before your family do

post-7123-127478448254_thumb.jpg

Good Work Fella!

Lets not apportion blame eh? bye thread.

Agreed.

The money must flow.

Regardless.

I also question the 'promotion' of Mad Sunday as a fun event.

I also question the 'promotion' of Mad Sunday as a fun event.

Where is Mad Sunday being promoted? I've had a look through the programme, the website the various adverts placed to promote the TT and I can't find 'Mad Sunday' even mentioned, nevermind being promoted.

Where is Mad Sunday being promoted? I've had a look through the programme, the website the various adverts placed to promote the TT and I can't find 'Mad Sunday' even mentioned, nevermind being promoted.

http://www.iomtt.com/Shop/Clothing/TT-Official-Clothing-Adults/Mad-Sunday-Ride-to-Live-2010-T-Shirt.aspx

http://www.iomtt.com/en/Shop/Clothing/TT-Official-Clothing-Adults/Blue-Mad-Sunday-2010-T-Shirt.aspx

Try google

Alternatively stop wasting my time

Here's a picture to help you

post-17710-127479250935_thumb.jpg

I assume in your reality, one way rules, police patrols, air ambulances and other resources are not made available on Mad Sunday?

Archived