Fatal Accident

Pierrot Lunaire

Kevs gets free lodgings at Dickies,then they make their private videos.

Wrong on both counts I'm afraid macmannin!!

When will you people get your bloody facts right ??

The only pictures I take are Stills, and they can be seen in St Ninians Church during this years TT where they will raise funds for three of your islands charities.

Now, if you can't get facts right, can I suggest you just leave well alone.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect the police are under instruction to ignore dangerous behaviour on the mountain, unless absolutely forced to investigate when accidents occur. A scan of the biking sites reveals that stricter laws and policing would result in many not coming here at all, and the thirst for photos and videos of dangerous riding is considerable. The deaths, and the inherent risk to all other road users, seems to be acceptable to those who have it within their power to try to do something about it.

Its all we have to attract tourists though isn't it? I'm surprised that the tourism dept or whatever the hell they are called now hasn't launched a "Come to the Isle of Man and risk killing yourself" campaign. What else is capable of actually attracting people here? Our target market seems to be people who will pay an extortionate amount of money to get here and then expect nothing in return. They are happy to stay in a shit 100 year old hotel or live in someone elses house, or if they are really a cheapskate camp and crap in a bucket in a muddy field, they have to be able to overlook the lack of other things to do, the ridiculous prices to eat or drink, and the total apathy of the government to do anything to engage them. The only attraction is to get pissed and dice with death out of sheer bloody boredom.

Its also obvious that many are now coming a few weeks early to attempt to kill themselves before the traffic gets busy and the campsites get full. Its probably more interesting than coming here to ride some Victorian scrap iron to buy a £3 ice cream in an empty seaside town paved with dogshit.

LOL :lol:

In the last few weeks we have already had 4 drivers get mentally scarred for life with bikers dieing in front of them, I hope the police do something before a driver gets killed by these bikers using our public road as a Nurburgring.

What a spanna! I hope you have the decency to apologise to the friends and families of the bikers who have recently lost ther lives in road accidents on the mountain. Until the police decide who's fault each incident was (if any) then these comments are entirely reprehensible!

I assume that Shit3hawk is a DoI worker as his profile has “D.o.T Time & Motion Inspector” and the hint of a yellow van in the picture, which is common for a DoI/DoT vehicle... if this is the case you should know better than to play with camera equipment while in control of a vehicle – Your camera flash could of easily distracted other drivers!!

Nope you lost me there................no flash was required for the photo,plus it was a left hand drive vehicle,

Wow, I knew that some RHD vehicles have wipers set up for LHD, but never knew that they went the other way around also - unless that vehicle has 'clap hands' wipers.

I assume that Shit3hawk is a DoI worker as his profile has “D.o.T Time & Motion Inspector” and the hint of a yellow van in the picture, which is common for a DoI/DoT vehicle... if this is the case you should know better than to play with camera equipment while in control of a vehicle – Your camera flash could of easily distracted other drivers!!

Nope you lost me there................no flash was required for the photo,plus it was a left hand drive vehicle,

Wow, I knew that some RHD vehicles have wipers set up for LHD, but never knew that they went the other way around also - unless that vehicle has 'clap hands' wipers.

That is an excellent point and quite correct!

In the last few weeks we have already had 4 drivers get mentally scarred for life with bikers dieing in front of them, I hope the police do something before a driver gets killed by these bikers using our public road as a Nurburgring.

What a spanna! I hope you have the decency to apologise to the friends and families of the bikers who have recently lost ther lives in road accidents on the mountain. Until the police decide who's fault each incident was (if any) then these comments are entirely reprehensible!

Agreed, I was on site of both of these incidents and I think the majority of comments on this thread are both out of place and out of order.

I only wish we lived in a world with more decent people, the rest of you should be more than ashamed.

Some bikers ride safe - some ride like twats... and the same goes for some car drivers too.

I have had a couple of really near misses with bikes blatting past me in stupid places and I half expect to see them smeared over the road a few bends later. Had a guy this afternoon overtake me on a bend where he had no possible way of knowing if anything was coming around the bend.

I have fitted a digital camcorder to my dash and will be passing on any details+footage of bikes or cars that are putting other people at risk.

Sounds a bit harsh, but I don't want to die just yet at the hands of some pillock thanks :blink:

On Sunday while slowing down to stop at a red light at Ballacraine me and 3 other vehicles had the pleasure of this attached muppet overtake us all in the 30 limit before the light, Inital thought was he was an Idiot comeover on a deathwish and could sort of reason that he did not want to be stuck behind a couple of vehicles going through to Glen Helen,

No Sadly I was wrong this was a local Bike and thought he should know better so he moved up from 'Muppet' Status, then as if it was not enough when the light changed he tore off through St Johns like a proper Halfwit...... Carry on like that son and you should expect a Visit from the boys in Blue, hopefully before your family do

post-7123-127478448254_thumb.jpg

Doesn't look like he was doing anything unsafe, just sat at the traffic lights! Why should we believe what you are saying "Birdman" - I think you will find the police would have the same view!

Doesn't look like he was doing anything unsafe, just sat at the traffic lights! Why should we believe what you are saying "Birdman" - I think you will find the police would have the same view!

Well done Clownshoes :blink: best read a thread through before adding a reply dont you think,

as stated in a my reply a bit later on in the this thread

Ok i'll make it easier for the easily confussed,

1,I slowed to 30mph to enter the 30mph zone, then continued toward the line at 30mph until i was required to stop for the read light that was lit,

2, The bike accelerated hard past the vehicles behind me after they had all entered the 30 zone,so the bike was exceeding 30 on entry to the limit and still accelerating hard past me while i was still travelling at 30mph,you could tell by the exhaust note,then under hard braking yes he managed to stop for the line,Ducati's really do have fantastic brakes I miss mine :(

3,the picture was taken to record the vehicle reg, not the actual moment of stupidity that caught my attention

The picture shows nothing but a stationary motorcycle in front of a car at a set of traffic lights.

I'll appologise Theo for not getting an action shot for you but will endeavour to please you next time, as for Angry man far from it, I rode bikes for years and have no problems with bikes making 'progress' in slow moving/stationary traffic, I is just that i was not stationary or slow moving i was traveling at the speed limit

Well done Clownshoes :blink: best read a thread through before adding a reply dont you think,

as stated in a my reply a bit later on in the this thread

Ok i'll make it easier for the easily confussed,

1,I slowed to 30mph to enter the 30mph zone, then continued toward the line at 30mph until i was required to stop for the read light that was lit,

2, The bike accelerated hard past the vehicles behind me after they had all entered the 30 zone,so the bike was exceeding 30 on entry to the limit and still accelerating hard past me while i was still travelling at 30mph,you could tell by the exhaust note,then under hard braking yes he managed to stop for the line,Ducati's really do have fantastic brakes I miss mine :(

3,the picture was taken to record the vehicle reg, not the actual moment of stupidity that caught my attention

The picture shows nothing but a stationary motorcycle in front of a car at a set of traffic lights.

I'll appologise Theo for not getting an action shot for you but will endeavour to please you next time, as for Angry man far from it, I rode bikes for years and have no problems with bikes making 'progress' in slow moving/stationary traffic, I is just that i was not stationary or slow moving i was traveling at the speed limit

Got bored of the complete drivel you had posted! Stick to taking pictures of birds seems to be what you are best at!

Archived