Call Of Duty Black Ops

Amadeus

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's it like compared to MW2? Better/worse/indifferent?

Hmm it's a weird one, it does feel better to play but can't put my finger in why.

The maps are better than on MW2 but the sound is quite poor IMO, it is like playing MW2 with new maps but an improved MW2.

I guess it's what MW2 should have been in the first place.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last treyarch one, WAW, as it had a different 'feel' somehow to MW and MW2 - it's reassuring to hear this one feels more like the MW games.

I haven't booked it anywhere though. Are any places likely to actually have stock on the shelves or is it a case of wait for ages since I didn't pre-order it?

IMHO, it feels very like WAW given its the same engine. Cant believe I'm missing the console like matchmaking of MW2 but going back to server lists is painful especially if your in a party of friends all trying to join the same server. Graphics arent as good as MW2 and nowhere near Medal of Honor. All in all, I'm enjoying it but its not holding me like previous games. I'm on PC and just play multiplayer so cant comment on single player.

anyone tried the DOA arcade game hidden in the main menu? A Smash TV clone that is loads of fun!

When at the main menu, look down at your hands. Tap the left and right triggers until you release your hands and walk around behind the chair. You'll see a computer terminal, enter the terminal and then enter the DOA and hit enter...

Enjoy! :)

playing PC and the multiplayer has the potential to be very good, just the fact that it has terrible FPS lag (i barely hit 30fps) and stuttering online

- it is an issue that is being looked into, once sorted i can see it being a fantastic mp experience

Archived