Call Of Duty Black Ops

Amadeus

anyone tried the DOA arcade game hidden in the main menu? A Smash TV clone that is loads of fun!

When at the main menu, look down at your hands. Tap the left and right triggers until you release your hands and walk around behind the chair. You'll see a computer terminal, enter the terminal and then enter the DOA and hit enter...

Enjoy! :)

Zork too!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the single player is wank.

This pretty much sums it up...

post-346-027913200 1289407272_thumb.jpg

COD still seems to love the never-ending spawning enemies as well <_<

I saw this article a few days ago, pretty relevant.

http://vectorpoem.com/news/?p=74

But i suppose COD is all about the multiplayer ( which i've not yet tried ).

For big single player campaigns with great narratives I still go back to the Half Life and Dues Ex series. :ph34r:

This pretty much sums it up..

Bit unfair, that's hardly true of the big open world games we've got these days like Fallout 3.

I loved the original Dues Ex too, but CODs a big dumb flashy blockbuster of a game, enjoy the ride!

Just got a new copy on Ebay for £30 so hopefully it'll be worth a spend of that level.

I hope there's nothing that's as downright blood boilingly irritating as the bullet resistant dogs they had in WAW....

PC version multiplayer down this PM. Master servers down or something. This game has been a real disapointment to me.

Bah, don't say that! I've just spent £39.99 on it but not tried it yet

I think I was on one on Saturday. It was back up later on and I got some good games in with my buddies.

Just got a new copy on Ebay for £30 so hopefully it'll be worth a spend of that level.

I hope there's nothing that's as downright blood boilingly irritating as the bullet resistant dogs they had in WAW....

Dogs are back, but they don't seem to be as annoying as WaW's, not sure what they've changed. Really enjoying it personally. Suits my style much better, seems to be less sniping and more skirmish type stuff. I like it, but probably because I like the era. It's sort of counter strike guns rather than old shit in World at War and slightly future shit in MW2.

There's some really nice additions; the cod cash is good, adds a decision element to levelling up because rather than just unlocking stuff, you have to buy it too. They've added wager matches where you can bet cod cash on challenges, not tried it yet, as I've been skint buying guns, but it looks interesting. There's more customization which is great if you like that kind of thing. It's pretty cool picking up someone elses customized gun in the field, with it's clan tag still down the barrel and a pink heart shaped reticule..

I think the maps are very strong in multiplayer, there's some instant classics that are simply loads of fun to play, and many of them are dynamic with some elements changing each time.

Perks are pretty different from MW2, they're pretty much all better despite my original reservations, although the remote control car is perhaps a bit strong. The chopper percs are much better. The tac nuke is gone, which is a GOOD THING.

Other new stuff, a halo like theatre mode that records everything, allows you to edit highlights and share it on your profile. CO-OP vs Zombie modes in from WaW, and that's brill, something MW2 didn't have.

The visuals are fine, it's not a leap forward graphically, but it didn't really need to be. It's what you'd expect, it looks great. They've added a colour blind mode which makes enemies easier to see for the impared, which is very welcome. The audio seems better than MW2 for me, can't say why, I just think everything sounds much better.

Single player, well, it's COD, but the story is told a lot better this time round. It's push forward and witness some great set pieces while moving towards the end in a line. The ai is utterly thick too. I love it, but it's a thick blockbuster game, I accept it for what it is.

I think it's worth owning, there is a load of new stuff to do, I'm having a blast with it.

Archived