Killings In Cumbria

Chinahand

Ive got to ask why does anyone in the UK need a gun?

Clay pigeon shooters can use shotguns at their clubs and they can be locked up in a safe.

So why else do people need a gun ?

Hunting and pest control.

Plus its every mans right to own one if he wishes to.

hunting is not needed in the 21st century. There is a spar no more than 100 yards away.

Pest control is cheaper with traps (and also you cant kill 12 people when your a bit annoyed if all you can get your hands on is a crow trap)

Its every mans right to live his life and not be shot in the face so that point is useless as well.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got to ask why does anyone in the UK need a gun?

Clay pigeon shooters can use shotguns at their clubs and they can be locked up in a safe.

So why else do people need a gun ?

Hunting and pest control.

Plus its every mans right to own one if he wishes to.

hunting is not needed in the 21st century. There is a spar no more than 100 yards away.

Pest control is cheaper with traps (and also you cant kill 12 people when your a bit annoyed if all you can get your hands on is a crow trap)

Its every mans right to live his life and not be shot in the face so that point is useless as well.

Nor is fishing/knitting/basket weaving/flying etc, millions of people partake because they enjoy it.

pest control is not cheaper with traps at all, nor is poisoning efficient as it also kills other species, your theorising, nothing more.

Everyman has the right to spend his leisure time how he wants to in a legal and socially acceptable way, even in an unacceptable social way as long as its legal.

If you personally do not approve of gun ownership then dont own one.

The guy in cumbria, well its impossible to know what went off in his head, i mean we are not talking schoolboy here, this was someone who knew the enormity of his actions for sure.

pk 31 years ago i was on the wrong end of a shotgun from about 6 ft away as my companion reloaded, he was using one of my competition o/u skeet guns which only had a manual and not auto safety catch being a competition gun, so if your gonna start some rubbish about wounds etc, you will be doing so with someone with first hand experience, it was obvious i was talking about the shooter not the victims.

The only accidental shooting nobles had dealt with before me was the one armed painter several years prior, i forget his name, but now a few will know mine.

And i still carry over 100 of the pellets in me as a reminder.

The fact is he was a bit p1ssed off and he had easily accessible guns. Surely making all guns illegal bar kept locked in clubs then it reduces the amount of angry people that can get their hands on them.

It obviously won't stop it completely but it would definately reduce it.

Banning cars will reduce road deaths, banning people from driving who need glasses will no doubt reduce road deaths, banning people from driving who have ever got mad in their lives will no doubt reduce road deaths.

My point is one nutters actions cannot be allowed to rUIn the sport of 1000s of others who exercise their right to shoot in a legal and proper manner.

I bet that's a t**t going through airport security these days.

Albert at the time i saw the x rays, and i asked could i have one, i was told it would cost me £40 which was a weeks wages at the time, twas like a starry night, and would of well impressed the folk down the whitey who knicknamed me tetley.

Now that really does out myself.

Is there a country in the World where gun possession is illegal?

Yes, Bermuda. Guns were made illegal in 1969 or 70. So far this year there have been 5 murders by shooting. So banning them worked, didn't it?

Impossible to tell. How many murders would there have been if they weren't banned? Just because gun crime isn't completely eliminated doesn't mean that the stricter restrictions aren't worthwhile. Murder is illegal too, but nobody argues against that law just because it gets broken.

Banning cars will reduce road deaths, banning people from driving who need glasses will no doubt reduce road deaths, banning people from driving who have ever got mad in their lives will no doubt reduce road deaths.

My point is one nutters actions cannot be allowed to rUIn the sport of 1000s of others who exercise their right to shoot in a legal and proper manner.

Shooting a defenseless animal is not a sport in any sense of the word. Anyone who has the mentality to kill anything in cold blood for no reason is not the type of person I like to think of having easy access to guns!

Where did i say no reason, everything that was flesh and blood that i shot either got eaten by someone, or i got paid by the government to do so, even down to my petrol money.

Theres no such thing as easy access to guns these days its a myth, your fond of your myths.

The guy in cumbria, well its impossible to know what went off in his head.

Rubbish. The difference between a shotgun and a rifle would make it obvious.

pk 31 years ago i was on the wrong end of a shotgun from about 6 ft away as my companion reloaded, he was using one of my competition o/u skeet guns which only had a manual and not auto safety catch being a competition gun, so if your gonna start some rubbish about wounds etc, you will be doing so with someone with first hand experience, it was obvious i was talking about the shooter not the victims.

The only accidental shooting nobles had dealt with before me was the one armed painter several years prior, i forget his name, but now a few will know mine.

Just my appallingly robust sense of humour.

"its impossible to know what went off in his head" - well, if he used the traditional Full Metal Jacket methodology then it would be obvious which weapon went off in his head.

Archived