Killings In Cumbria

Chinahand

I remember the painters first name pk, jack, blew his arm off taking his gun out of the boot of his car.

Anyway my point of the ditty was this, i was moaning to the doctor on his visits to my bed about having to bend over infront of all the trainee nurses every visit, he said, and i quote exactly, son he said seeing a gunshot wound will be a once in a lifetime experience for most of these nurses.

Now there were probably 20 times more guns in private ownership in those days than there is now, and gunshot injuries were a rarity.

Now 30 years on we have much greater gun control and gunshot injuries are a weekly if not daily occurance in every major uk hospital.

Banning private ownership will not change anything.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What has happened in Cumbria is simply beyond me.

The terrible consequences of today for so many people are so sad, the random nature of the deaths so cruel.

My sympathy goes out to all involved.

The world is full of nutters I'm afraid and Cumbria is no exception; he looks like just another sad lonely loser trying to end his shit meaningless existence in a blaze of glory and anger. What a sack of shit.

First rule - listen to the evidence before you pass judgement.

I'm glad that no Manx people were victims of this gun-toting nutter. The Steam Packet Company have day trips to Whitehaven. There were 30 attacks in the space of a few hours. 12 dead. What he did is totally despicable.

The world is full of nutters I'm afraid and Cumbria is no exception; he looks like just another sad lonely loser trying to end his shit meaningless existence in a blaze of glory and anger. What a sack of shit.

First rule - listen to the evidence before you pass judgement.

I've listened - he looks like just another sad lonely loser trying to end his shit meaningless existence in a blaze of glory and anger. What a sack of shit.

Impossible to tell. How many murders would there have been if they weren't banned? Just because gun crime isn't completely eliminated doesn't mean that the stricter restrictions aren't worthwhile. Murder is illegal too, but nobody argues against that law just because it gets broken.

Murder was always very rare over there. Guns were never freely available. They made them illegal, but it was well known that a good number of people never surrendered their guns. However, this new wave of murders (shooting and stabbing) is fueled by gang culture that is a result of drug supply, which is also illegal.

Bermuda has no regular ferry service and upon arriving in Bermuda the customs people are always their en mass. Anything ordered mail order is stopped and has to be collected and opened at the post office. It is very well controlled, but still the "gangsters" manage to smuggle guns and ammo in.

What a great idea xpert. I'm really very sad for this man, it seems quite clear things went horribly wrong for him and it's only going to get worse.

It can't get much worse for him, he's dead.

I noticed that little paradox myself james, i just thought she had probably been at the whacky backie again.

Yep, and have you noticed she never offers it round for a toke laugh.gif

Now there were probably 20 times more guns in private ownership in those days than there is now, and gunshot injuries were a rarity.

Now 30 years on we have much greater gun control and gunshot injuries are a weekly if not daily occurance in every major uk hospital.

More people more stress more gangster mentality

plus

NO CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Archived