Bah - Ps3 Fail. What Now?

Cret

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got the yellow light of death, im gutted. He would have been 5 this march.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFS

Console Doctor is very reasonable for repairs, do a decent job and offer warranty. However with the YLOD once repaired it is likely that the PS3 will fail again in the future, so my friends have been trading in the PS3 for a new slim version (once repaired).

I have just got the yellow light of death, im gutted. He would have been 5 this march.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFS

Console Doctor is very reasonable for repairs, do a decent job and offer warranty. However with the YLOD once repaired it is likely that the PS3 will fail again in the future, so my friends have been trading in the PS3 for a new slim version (once repaired).

well Ive stripped it, cleaned it, heated it with the gun and rebuilt it hoping that there could be a chance of working but NO, what a waste of time. its the second time ive had it apart and the last, looks like i will be getting a new one today.

How can I get the game out :-(

cheers

FFFFFFFFFFFFFS

well Ive stripped it, cleaned it, heated it with the gun and rebuilt it hoping that there could be a chance of working but NO, what a waste of time. its the second time ive had it apart and the last, looks like i will be getting a new one today.

How can I get the game out :-(

cheers

I don't know tbh, but if I were in your unfortunate position, I would get a quote for repair and then compare it to potential trade in value for a new one.

A friend did this and managed to repair for £30 +pp, then traded and got a new ps3 for around the £100 mark with a game, which I thought was decent?

I have just ordered the new slim 320gb for £350, should be here in a few days. Im pretty sure that I loose everything thats on my PS3 account but not to worry,I was hoping to get just the PS3 on its own without the extras but couldnt find any.

I might get my ps3 repaired in the next few weeks and then flog it, Ebay are selling spare n repair for £50 - £100 so that could be another option.

Cheers

You shouldn't lose any downloads etc that you've paid for as I'm sure you can just download them again as required if you've paid for them.

Don't quote me but that's what I was getting told when I thought I'd have to format mine and so on.

On another note - all hail Sausage for coming to the rescue of mine with a pretty modestly priced laser. Thanks mate - it's great to have it working again! :)

Archived