Is This The New Xbox 360?

Virtual_Boy

I don't really see the point in user upgradable hard drives in consoles, at least not this generation. What would you need more than 250Gb for any way? Especially as you can use a USB drive for your media stuff.

I like to be able to store blu ray rips of films into my ps3 hdd, these are between 6 & 11 gb and you cannot put files that size onto a USB flash drive

why not?? surely it is a matter of how the USB drive is formatted???

I don't really see the point in user upgradable hard drives in consoles, at least not this generation. What would you need more than 250Gb for any way? Especially as you can use a USB drive for your media stuff.

I like to be able to store blu ray rips of films into my ps3 hdd, these are between 6 & 11 gb and you cannot put files that size onto a USB flash drive

why not?? surely it is a matter of how the USB drive is formatted???

From what I can gather the PS3 will only read Fat32 which has a file size limit of 4GB, I'm guessing this is to help prevent the copying/backing up of games maybe?

probably, with my 32gig usb drive i had to go into some menu and set the thing for maximum performance ( or something like ) before it would offer NTFS as an option in the format drop down. have a google, thats how i found out what to do but it was a while ago which is why i can't remember how exactly. i think i googled 'force format' or something like.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived