Vat

- Paul -

From January 4th next year UK VAT rise to 20%

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From January 4th next year UK VAT rise to 20%

Good - That is £9-10 million a year to help fill the VAT black hole.

And that's calculated how Cambon??

As far as I was aware, the exact calculation for the Revenue sharing agreement was not in the public domain??

And that's calculated how Cambon??

As far as I was aware, the exact calculation for the Revenue sharing agreement was not in the public domain??

Here say - It is the amount reported when VAT went back up from 15% to 17.5% earlier this year. I have no reason to disbelieve it, although it is probably low.

I really think that there’s a total disregard for The Elephant in the Dining Room.

Unless there’s something comes along to generate earnings for the IOM to pay the bills the IOM runs up reliance of any tax is a nonsense.

And the bills the IOM runs up are for things like food, fuel, consumables, in fact the majority of the essentials of life.

The FS is finished, it’s in its death throes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

with the timescale for the introduction of 20% it looks like an impetus for a spending spree to kick start sales, but with a slump when it goes up !

Won't make business spend on new stuff as they just reclaim the vat, so it's just aimed at the end users

shop early for christmas !

with the timescale for the introduction of 20% it looks like an impetus for a spending spree to kick start sales, but with a slump when it goes up !

An extra 2.5% VAT won't make a huge difference. For a £50 present that means £1.25 more to pay. However that won't stop the herd panic buying.

On a general issue, it is interesting to mark that the new UK coalition has in this budget, firmly indicated an intention to resolve the current debt crisis by all means required. Grabbing the problem by the scruff of the neck and getting on with it.

To my mind a stark difference to Arkwright and the legion of doom shuffling paperclips around, calling old things by new names and generally prevaricating thus avoiding making any decisions that might bounce back on them.

An extra 2.5% VAT won't make a huge difference. For a £50 present (net price) that means £1.25 more to pay. However that won't stop the herd panic buying.

fixed

re-fixed

An extra 2.5% VAT won't make a huge difference. For a £50 present that means £1.25 + (£7 to include the resultant inflation by then) more to pay. However that won't stop the herd panic buying.

fixed

re-fixed

Re-mixed

Re-maxed

Unless there's something comes along to generate earnings for the IOM to pay the bills the IOM runs up reliance of any tax is a nonsense.

The FS is finished, it's in its death throes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves.

Based on what evidence Rog? Unless you've got something to back this, it's just more doomery bollocks.

Archived