Playstation Plus

Slim

1 year £40 90 days £12, so 3 quid a month. I'm actually quite tempted at that price. Shame the launch game offer is LBP, surely everyone has that anyways? My main bleat is that PSN is now a two tier service, so you're going to have to keep an eye out for what you're getting with Plus to make it worth it. It's another level of faffery.

Here's the first games:

Month 1: June 29th – August 3rd

Intro offer: LBP (standard edition)

PSN PS3: Wipeout HD

minis: Field Runners, Age of Zombies

PSone: Destruction Derby

Full Game Trial: Shatter, Savage Moon

Discounts: LBP God of War Pack – 50%, LBP: LocoRoco costume pack – 50%, Gravity Crash – 20%, Fat Princess DLC – 20%

Premium Game Element: KillZone 2: Steel & Titanium DLC

Push demo: ModNation Racers, Heavy Rain

Dynamic Themes: LBP Theme, SCEE produced: PlayStation “Game Is Just The Start” Dynamic Theme

2 x Fat Princess Premium Avatars

Month 2: August 4th – September 1st

PSN PS3: Zen Pinball

minis: Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death

PSone: Medievil

Full Game Trial: inFamous, Mushroom Wars

Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table – 20%, Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%, Super Stardust HD – 20%, WipeOutHD Fury – 20%

Premium Game Elements: Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack

Push Demo: Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter

Themes: “SCEE produced: PlayStation Plus Dynamic Theme, Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme

2 x Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly)

I think this will be good for PSN, one of the reasons people claim XBL is better than PSN is that it is a paid service and so Microsoft can look after servers with out losing money and they can use some of that cash for the DLC exclusives they get. I've not used PSN so have no opinion.

Pricing is pretty much on par with XBL but you do get alot of free stuff which is a bonus, I guess they needed to through that in otherwise it is rather redundant, would be interesting to see if the total value of free stuff is greater than £40 over the year, and compared to the total value of free stuff you would actually buy.

It will be interesting to see how long it is before new games start to require PSN+ for online play. I know Sony are committed to providing everything you have for free now free forever, however you don't have Killzone 3 online now. From a marketing perspective it would be quite feasible. I hope it stays free but I don't hold my breath, and I am almost certain the PS4s online will be fully paid like XBL.

I'd heard rumours of a pay service but didn't realise it was armed and fully operational now.

So you get some free games but aside from that is it any different? Or are they likely to make the free service crap now so every decides to pay?

For a free service I've never had any grumbles really except for when I couldn't get the mw2 map pack because of server overload a while back.

I'd heard rumours of a pay service but didn't realise it was armed and fully operational now.

So you get some free games but aside from that is it any different? Or are they likely to make the free service crap now so every decides to pay?

For a free service I've never had any grumbles really except for when I couldn't get the mw2 map pack because of server overload a while back.

So far, it's just as outlined. I'm guessing like scarbunny says that things will start sliding towards premium now that it's been launched.

Archived