Anyone Played Gt4 Yet?

Smeagle

I got Gran turismo 4 on wed its hard but serious fun you can get nitrous and there ARE 50 and 500ish cars if you have been considering buying this dont consider do it, its been worth the wait

I would like to have my mates to play but I don't have any... :unsure::(:unsure:

Seriously though, you can't always play multiplayer, sometimes you want the full screen experience and the lack of " realistic " opponents in the game just seems like a weak link. Add to the fact that it isn't even online and you are a bit stuffed, personally for me TOCA has the edge, OK it looks arcaic next to GT4 but the racing is sublime...

The AI has been improved definitely as the opposition seem to vary a lot in how they drive as far as I can see.

It's not bad but not massively improved on GT3 in my opinion. Only scratched the surface so far but to be honest I'd say (being unbiased & owning both) Gotham racing 2 on the Xbox is a better quality title, so the new Xbox game Forza Motorsport due out fairly soon will rip the xxxx out of GT4 as far as I can see.

But GT4 is still a really good driver, just don't think it's as good as it should have been given that it's about a year late.

I would like to have my mates to play but I don't have any... :unsure:  :(  :unsure:

Seriously though, you can't always play multiplayer, sometimes you want the full screen experience and the lack of " realistic " opponents in the game just seems like a weak link. Add to the fact that it isn't even online and you are a bit stuffed, personally for me TOCA has the edge, OK it looks arcaic next to GT4 but the racing is sublime...

Don't worry, some of your mates are hanging around... B)

I hear what you're saying about the AI, I'm sure it's been improved on this version. The fact there's no car damage is a huge let down for me though... I hear it's down to the sponsors (manufacturers) not liking thier cars looking shabby and battered if the coding is crap in the game. It would be bad advertising for their motors...

Cret wrote:

But GT4 is still a really good driver, just don't think it's as good as it should have been given that it's about a year late.

Good point Cret, although I've always loved the GT series, bringing out the prologues as well as being well over a year late, with teasers on the 'net, videos, hundreds of pics, etc. it has really taken the amazement of the game that was associated with the original.

Forza on the Xbox is looking like it's going to be a corker, and I've also grown to love other driving games like NFS2 and CM05, both on Xbox.

The PS2 seems to be gathering dust lately.

AI Is much better, Gt2 GT3 aspec, concept and gt4 prologue were a letdown and gt4 makes it up again

• 4 weeks later...

I have been away from the forums recently due to this game - I bought it for Mr Bee for his birthday (because I dont like racing games...........) I havent stopped playing it since!

you could try getting some 'mates' to play with?

What? like you - last time I was round your house you were deeply engrossed in some military game on the internet.....on your own.

Archived