Iran To Execute Woman Convicted Of Adultery.

- Paul -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10545062.stm

Campaign group Human Rights Watch has called on Iran to stop the execution of a woman convicted of adultery.

Mohammadi Ashtiani, a mother of two, faces imminent death by stoning after her appeals for clemency were denied.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://news.bbc.co.u...st/10545062.stm

Campaign group Human Rights Watch has called on Iran to stop the execution of a woman convicted of adultery.

Mohammadi Ashtiani, a mother of two, faces imminent death by stoning after her appeals for clemency were denied.

I often wonder why the BBC don't put the same type of reporting into similar events such as when the USA execute mentally ill inmates on a regular basis.

Possibly because of the 'special relationship' between the UK and USA?

It seems to be very important not to upset the yanks whereas Iran is fair game particularly when dinner jacket lets rip.

Amazing, it seems this subject is of interest to nobody, the TT, KSF fiasco, some pratt in Northumberland and Tesco must obviously be a higher priority.

Good news

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Iran-Stoning-Execution-Authorities-Bow-To-Calls-To-Halt-Womans-Death-By-Stoning/Article/201007215661465?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15661465_Iran_Stoning_Execution%3A_Authorities_Bow_To_Calls_To_Halt_Womans_Death_By_Stoning

Iran has backed down over plans to stone to death a woman charged with adultery after an international outcry.

Bad news

However there are still fears that Ms Ashtiani, a mother-of-two, could be put to death by other means after she was found guilty of an affair while she was married.

Her lawyer Mohammed Mostafaei told The Times: "This is a positive development but nothing is clear yet. There have been cases in Iran of stonings being changed to hangings. We have to wait and see what happens."

Charming

http://news.bbc.co.u...st/10545062.stm

I often wonder why the BBC don't put the same type of reporting into similar events such as when the USA execute mentally ill inmates on a regular basis.

Not quite the same is it?

Dont you mean murderers who indeed probably do become mentally ill after years on death row.

They are executed painlessly by lethal injection after all appeals are finished

A woman has allegedly committed adultery so this civilized nation ( also hangs gays and minors from cranes) was going to kill her in an unspeakable manner that is mainly designed to satisfy the sadistic desires of insane men in the name of a cruel and reactionary religion..

No I mean persons who have certified mental illness or severe learning and social difficulties before they had even been charged and had been let down by society that does not give adequate health care to its poor. Please don't tell me you are so blinded by the USA bullshit that you ignore the fact the are one of the biggest violators of human rights and executers of people outside of China.

No I mean persons who have certified mental illness or severe learning and social difficulties before they had even been charged and had been let down by society that does not give adequate health care to its poor. Please don't tell me you are so blinded by the USA bullshit that you ignore the fact the are one of the biggest violators of human rights and executers of people outside of China.

O come on are you so naive that you think that the US is the great satan?

There are many many other worse places to be.

.........and if you go to these places you will find that all the people fleeing from persecution want to go to the same places the UK the US Canada and Australia.

The US of A was a great concept a 100 years ago. If I was living over here then I would have given up my right arm to go there. But generstions of greedy politicians screwed up what was once a great country. :angry::angry::angry:

Amazing, it seems this subject is of interest to nobody, the TT, KSF fiasco, some pratt in Northumberland and Tesco must obviously be a higher priority.

I have to say that this deeply disturbing photo made me shudder with horror yesterday.

This is perhaps a man being prepared for stoning as women, it is said, are traditionally buried up to their breasts or necks first.

The men who carry out this muderous 'punishment' can only be classed as barbaric and evil.

article-1293064-01204679000004B0-410_468x292.jpg

But the execution of criminals and the lack of social support for the sick, however barbaric it is, does not quite stand as barbaric as killing someone simply because they have engaged in sexual (or not) contact with another person. It's all the more worse when such actions are the result of barbaric and childish religious beliefs.

The US of A was a great concept a 100 years ago. If I was living over here then I would have given up my right arm to go there. But generstions of greedy politicians screwed up what was once a great country. :angry::angry::angry:

I think it was a great concept at its inception but was let down by businessmen and those with power, not just the politicians. The politicians just represented such people.

But the execution of criminals and the lack of social support for the sick, however barbaric it is, does not quite stand as barbaric as killing someone simply because they have engaged in sexual (or not) contact with another person. It's all the more worse when such actions are the result of barbaric and childish religious beliefs.

I agree, but the point I was making is that the likes of the USA and Israel seem to be ignored by the press when it comes to reporting the violations of human rights and murder of innocents and to some extent the same happens with China a lot of the time and I would say they are even worse than Iran for executions for trivial offences but at the moment the west need their goods etc, I would also say there are some other countries around the world equally as barbaric but they fail to get the same publicity because they are not public enemy number one for the USA and UK at the moment. In my view we should be exposing all incidents such as this not just selective political ones.

Archived