Gurkha Beheads Taliban

- Paul -

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ghurkas are a pretty scary lot, LDV. My father served with them in the Western Desert and said the very presence of the lads from Nepal scared the Germans stiff.

I don't doubt it. I just dislike this childish idea of 'Let's teach those Taliban a lesson'

This sends a firm message to the Taliban.

But it apparently has sent a very bad message to others.

F$*k with the Gurkhas, they will f*£k you back.
Oh grow up!

Whats to grow up about its all true.

In the Falklands the RAF leaflet droppped the Argies stating that the Gurkhas were coming to get them. The Argies surrendered in droves shortly after.

Oh I forgot its LDV telling us all about warfare and how it should be fought.

In the Falklands the RAF leaflet droppped the Argies stating that the Gurkhas were coming to get them. The Argies surrendered in droves shortly after.

Not really, just criticising the 'If you fuck with the Gurkhas..." attitude, as if we are to judge the merit of such actions on that basis. It might very well instill fear in the Taliban, but there are others matters to consider.

Not really, just criticising the 'If you fuck with the Gurkhas..." attitude, as if we are to judge the merit of such actions on that basis. It might very well instill fear in the Taliban, but there are others matters to consider.

I'm sure the lads had time to sit down and debate the socio-political ramifications of their actions while several rather un-chuffed Taliban tried to visit harm upon them.

"Its alright chaps, ignore the bullets and grenades....Peter just raised a good point about whether we should table a motion to.....BANG!!!!!!!!"

I think its time for George !!

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

Never more true today.

We will not sleep any safer after the next retreat from Afghanistan. That region will never be tamed as all of the previous wars there have demonstrated.

Meanwhile, fundamentalisms by their very nature will never be defeated. Like all other forms of militancy they ultimately go out of fashion for economic and cultural reasons. And the quicker if they are not constantly poked with a stick.

Pongo I do agree with you we are there because of the ego of brown and blair and their wish to be a major player on the world stage, and nothing to do with making the UK any more secure, however the troops on the ground doing their duty are not in a position to debate that and I for one are fully behind them in carrying out their roles. If that means upsetting the enemy then tough !!

Archived