Ryanair Passenger Arrested For Making A Complaint.

Langweilig

Hmmm, he was probably a complete arse like some passengers think they have the right to be. ffs it was only a sandwich! Of course non of us was there to witness what was said and, more importantly, how it was said but the chances are.....

Nobody forces you to fly with a budget airline and like most things in life, you (don't) get what you (don't) pay for.

There was a similar story doing the rounds a while back about a beef sandwich that contained no beef.

A less funny side to ryanair was aired today on Joe Duffy. When a passenger tried to have a beef sandwich ( with no beef in it ) repaced ,he was refused by a ryanair cabin crew member, he then asked for a refund and was told he would have to go to the ryanair desk at dublin airport. later ,when a watch fell from this cabin crew member's trolly and the man in question handed it back he was accused of stealing it and three airport police cars were waiting to 'apprehend 'him on his arrival. A dutch woman as well as a number of other passengers witnessed this event and backed up the mans story. He was subsequently told when he went to the ryanair desk that ' they don't do refunds. The sandwich is currently residing in his freezer...... This may be the dearest refund for a sandwich that Ryanair have ever paid out........................'Exhibit no 1' your Honour' !

My simple rule of thumb is never to buy anything onboard an aircraft. On a Ryanair-type flight, assume there is no inflight service and plan/eat/drink accordingly.

...or buy a sandwich and something to drink in the departure area and consume it on board.

In the old days I remember reading about this man who used to take a picnic hamper onto long-haul flights. he would spread a linen cloth on his fold down table, produce proper cutlery, a china plate and crystal wine glasses. He would then serve himself with good quality food and drink whilst his fellow passengers ate the plastic stuff.

Alas impossibe to do these days - imagine security at Bee Gees International - having already got him standing there barefoot, demanding to know what was in the bottles and why he was carrying dangerous weapons onto a plane.

PS: Does anyone know why, depending on the route your flying, you are issued with:

• all plastic cutlery
  • a metal fork and spoon but plastic knife
  • all metal cutlery?

My simple rule of thumb is never to buy anything onboard an aircraft. On a Ryanair-type flight, assume there is no inflight service and plan/eat/drink accordingly.

...or buy a sandwich and something to drink in the departure area and consume it on board.

In the old days I remember reading about this man who used to take a picnic hamper onto long-haul flights. he would spread a linen cloth on his fold down table, produce proper cutlery, a china plate and crystal wine glasses. He would then serve himself with good quality food and drink whilst his fellow passengers ate the plastic stuff.

Alas impossibe to do these days - imagine security at Bee Gees International - having already got him standing there barefoot, demanding to know what was in the bottles and why he was carrying dangerous weapons onto a plane.

PS: Does anyone know why, depending on the route your flying, you are issued with:

• all plastic cutlery
  • all metal cutlery?

In Manchester airport last year, went for meal post security and whilst sitting at the table after eating a couple of children bumped the table, thought no more of it until we got home were to my suprise found a metal knife and fork in my duty free bag, they must have fell into the bag when the kids bumped the table. It just shows you that security can be breeched. :(

• all plastic cutlery
  • all metal cutlery?

In Manchester airport last year, went for meal post security and whilst sitting at the table after eating a couple of children bumped the table, thought no more of it until we got home were to my suprise found a metal knife and fork in my duty free bag, they must have fell into the bag when the kids bumped the table. It just shows you that security can be breeched. :(

Weren't you full after one?

Archived