Beardyman At The Courthouse

judge

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although the DJ from Ratpack never did used his beatbox skills, he is awesome at it too, I've seen them about 4 times in the last 2 years

Beardyman has a full show encompassing the skill with improvisation and audience participation which is brilliant to see and be involved in, I know quite a few people would go to it

• 2 weeks later...

Saw him at a Drum and Bass rave about a year ago and he really brightened the night up. Very, very talented and his remixes are uncanny!

Amazing how he can get you dancing and enjoying the music that comes solely from his mouth!

But £20 though? I think not. Doubt he could/would do a set for more than an hour and even then he'd be pushed for material.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the opportunity to get Beardyman to perform at the Courthouse but he is very expensive for us as we can only sell 230 tickets, I would have to charge £20 per ticket to cover the costs, inc hotels and flights, judging by the prices that tickets cost at the villa, people have paid over £40 for bands etc, as we are a more intimate venue what are peoples thoughts if we were to charge £20 on the door, this is a big risk and we would make money on the bar, and hopefully cover the costs on the door if it was a success but if it did not sell out we would loose loads, I would love to put him on as he is an incredible performer and I think he will be too big for us soon, I am trying to book good acts and provide credible DJ's but it is a big risk, I would appreciate your thoughts and whether people would genuinely want to come to see him?

Cheers

Saw him at a Drum and Bass rave about a year ago and he really brightened the night up. Very, very talented and his remixes are uncanny!

Amazing how he can get you dancing and enjoying the music that comes solely from his mouth!

But £20 though? I think not. Doubt he could/would do a set for more than an hour and even then he'd be pushed for material.

You can't have seen him a year ago and think he'd ever run out of material, not in 1 hour, not in 3 hours, he's got only the limit of his imagination. Saw him at Glasto last year, and this year, each time doing more than an hour set, awesome start to finish both times.

Unmissable in my opinion.

cant bleedin wait, loads of heads fonna be in there! good times :)

Thanks very much for all the positive responses to this event, I am so chuffed that so many people are up for it, I have just booked their flights and paid for the equipment and sound engineer to come over with him, Scotteo, just for the record, even if we sell out on the night we will loose money on the door on this event, by rights I should have charged more to try to cover the costs, it's over a grand just for flights, hotels and equipment, If the event works out then I will be tempted to bring more quality and diverse acts over, I am very close to getting Carl Cox for May next year, I have to charge a door charge that is appropriate for the act.

Cheers again for all the support and I hope it will be a classic night.

Archived