Technics Sl1210 Mk2s For Sale

stephenb

A pair of Technics SL1210 Mk2s for sale. Excellent condition. Never been in a nightclub - bedroom use only. Have always worked perfectly. These decks will outlive you.

£250 each or £480 for the pair. Price not negotiable.

If you're interested either send a PM, email me - stephenbutt at manx dot net, or tel 423507

I forgot to mention, these decks come with the slipmats, Technics headshells, Stanton 500 cartridges, and if sold as a pair, Sony headphones and this Numark DM1100X mixer.

The mixer's seen better days, but it works & it's free!

post-310-1111016670_thumb.jpg

What do you need to make it all work? I assume just a set of speakers and an amp yes?

Yes. And some vinyl too.

The mixer connects to an amp through a line-in input (cd / tuner / tape / aux input will do - not a phono input). And the decks connect to the phono inputs on the mixer. All cables included.

There are styli with the cartridges - but they are used so may need replacing in the future.

No it wasn't. I've never had decks before so I have no idea what is required to make them work. I know they'll work without speakers but there's not much point in that is there. I just wondered what extra outlay there would be to get this up and running, that's all.

Sorry I was just in from the pub, Wednesday is pub night. (sure I've read that somewere else)

I think I was a bit suprised that you asked as it has been said that you have done some dj ing in the past I think.

That was a one-off, for two hours in a club and all the gear was already set up mate, all I had to do was stick the vinyl on and that was it, no mixing or anything fancy like that.

I don't have a stereo, sold it years ago, I don't need one really, pc speakers are plenty loud enough (so the neighbours tell me ;) ) and all my cd collection is stored on the hard drive.

Just thought it might be nice to have some decks seeing as I have some vinyl gathering dust, will cost up amp/speakers and have a think about it.

I think you can run them through your pc if you have the right sort of sound card, though I've never actually done it so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There's a tutorial for recording on your pc here: http://www.wincue.org/pc_recording.php#4.1 so I assume it's simple enough.

I always assumed that's how MF live was run - decks plugged into a pc? Separate amp and speakers would probably be a simpler and better option for just listening though.

It's different for all of us. Some are off hard drive, some off decks and some show's are pre-recorded at present.

These deals always come at the wrong time for me, I'd like to take them but can't really afford to at the moment.

Thanks for all the info though, maybe I'll get there one day.

Good luck with shifting them too, they look mighty fine.

Archived