Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

just something i noticed today when walking down strand street doing a bit of shopping.

nobody listens to manx radio anymore. not anyone. not one shop that i went in in the street had it on.

it wasn't always like this was it? i used to remember when it was fairly common for people to have it on, but now - nothing.

does anyone have any listening figures to support this, or was it just freaky day today? cos if it's true it means that the manx people are paying more money thatn ever for something that is listened to less than ever before.

which is kind of funny.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have also noticed that less people seem to be listening to Manx Radio. While I enjoy listening to all the island's radio stations I have to say that the repetition of the same songs on 3FM is starting to get a bit boring. Energy is doing well to vary it's music a little and Manx Radio is strongest in it's news coverage.

It's not much effort to press the pre-select button on the car stereo depending on what time of day it is or what mood takes me. So I for one enjoy the choice and variety we have nowadays.

Oh, and exactly what use is the trafic report going to be if our arses are about to be nuked? :blink:

Manx radio has the best local news of all the radio stations.

Absolutely true, Slim, I totally agree. I must admit that, somewhat boringly, I prefer speech radio anyway.

All the Mandates, news items, Mannin Line, Tynwald and election coverage etc are what Manx Radio is all about.

I wish all the other stations the best of luck though.

I listen to Manx Radio everyday, every week. The only time that I ever change it is on Wednesday nights at 6pm when they put on "Shiaght Laa" Sorry but I just can't cope with that!

Stav.

Archived