Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lonan - seems like a perfectly fine idea to me! Especially if we could do it on a Friday night when I don't have to be up early the following morning.

Field of Dreams time - IF we build it, will people come and support it?

Preferably in a pub where you can smoke and have a beer? If Chris hasn't read this thread already (and we all DO you know, Simon) I'll suggest it to him and see if we can come up with a plan, if only to give FRCM a fair crack at putting a point over without getting our plugs pulled!

Edited to remove reference to smoking a pub. Even I couldn't manage that!

If Chris hasn't read this thread already (and we all DO you know, Simon) etc

Care to explain? I don't get your emphasis. Why did you address that point to me, specifically? And why the big 'DO'?

I'll suggest it to him and see if we can come up with a plan, if only to give FRCM a fair crack at putting a point over without getting our plugs pulled!

Has somebody / some body previously pulled the plugs ? :o

Care to give further details Stu?

So Stu/Chris

Is the Railway Pub on the Quay set up for a bit of a Manx Radio Question Time session?

The place already has its own Manx Radio webcam. It might work and could be a bit of fun too.

(It's just a pity they have allowed smoking back in there, that's all. <_< )

if only to give FRCM a fair crack at putting a point over without getting our plugs pulled!

I can remember not so long ago when someone else tried to have the plug pulled at MR, but my little audio disk saved the day :lol:

From IoM Longwave Website

TIMETABLE for Construction of the radio station's studios and the Long Wave transmitter.

The Company has existing offices in the Viking Complex in St Paul's Square, Ramsey, which are being expanded to form a 6,000 square feet studio and office complex. A Marketing Suite and small presentation theatre will be incorporated, along with programme preparation and production suites, on air studios and technical areas. The remainder of the space will be taken up by offices.

Equipment for high power transmission facilities is never available 'off the shelf' and our transmitter and antenna are each custom built units which must also be properly interfaced.

It is hoped the radio station will be ready for operation in late summer 2005.

So any time soon!!!

More at www.longwaveradio.com

yee hah general, i'm with you on that, 3fm ain't my bag; you have to laugh or you'd cry. When the news came on at 12 or 1 about the bombing, the smashy dj said something like 'awful news, but back to the music and this is ELO..' playing Mr Blue Skies!

I must say that I have seen 3fm 'deejays' in the pubs more than ever these past weeks. Woodbourne and C'est La Vie pour example. They never want to speak to me though.

Ah well.

Archived