Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

Did anyone hear the articulate Mrs Crowe this morning re DG's re-election as CM? It was classic: he was elected "almost unanimously by the whole of Tynwald" having first referred to the interiewer in her signature patronising "Mr Peters". Hard to follow that one!!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they ask so many people to make a note of when they listen to the radio and to what over a certain period.

The average is then taken to a ratio of the local population of an age that is able to listen and understand music and speech.

You mean they only ask the over-30s?

(Puts on helmet and makes a quick dash for the bunker)

A new BBC travel programme means Vanessa Feltz is visiting the island today (Tuesday).

One of the elements of Departure Lounge is the 'Celebrity £500 Challenge'.

It sees how far a celeb can get, and how rich a travel experience they can gain.

The presenter has decided to try to win it by staying within the British Isles.

Ms Feltz became a house hold name after making it big with her ITV daytime chat show Vanessa in the early 1990s.

At 8 o’clock this evening, she’ll be meeting the Chief Minister at the Sea Terminal before she departs for Belfast.

Manx Radio have started to sound like the BBC press office.

Last week they where telling people basically to turn off their radios and watch BBC North West tonight.

What about the stations advertisers who are paying to have their products heard? Its unusual for competing broadcasters to advertise each others product. Is Manx Radio getting into bed with the UK broadcaster?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the days of hearing a "commercial" interview in Mandate was over. Who can forget Bernie Quayle talking about ink cartridges in the middle of interviews with the good and the great!

It was a poor Mandate today, Friday, when a promotor is allowed to plug his event.

The question must be asked to the programme editor why should the reporter, James Davis, be reduced to doing an interview about some faded sports stars selling pictures of themselves. Mr Watson seems to always get airtime on Manx Radio for any of his events. It must be better than advertising it.

There was no news content - it was a plug. The programme presenter, Mr Peters, even seemed uncomfortable with the item.

James has proved himself to be a good journist and an up and coming person to take over from David Callister one day, just because its the silly season, don't lower your standards. I hope Mr Watson, the promoter has offered the Manx Radio team a table at the event.

• 4 weeks later...

Stu Lowe is coming home?????

It now look possible that Stu Lowe (he was a big name in the 80's presenting the Manx Radio breakfast show), is about to consider returning to the IoM from Canada!

I understand he is deeply unhappy, (being a small fish in a big pond). His wife is also due to have a baby very soon. I belive her parents want her to be nearer the Island.

Also it appears that Stu ls deperate to come back as he is missing the rock, but he must be getting on for 60!

I heard froma friend that Stu is possibily trying to sell his real estate business, www.stulowe.com, (but that is just hear-say, I have no proof to back that up with).

It seems likely that the current presenter, Alex Brinley, will be moved to a producer position, (the loss of listeners to the Breakfast show over the last year has been fairly bad, the management know it cannot continue).

I believe if Stu signs up he wants a higher amount of money then the going rate and wants to be his own producer. He has also been seen having talks with 3FM and Energy directors.

I understand the Manx Radio agreement will be dependant of a good RAJAR return in the first 3 - 6 months.

Any changes are likely to happen before Christmas.

None of this posting is gospel but has a ring of truth to it I think!!!!

Dear Manxmedia.

I do not know where you purchased your" ring of truth" but I would strongly advise you to take it back for a full refund of the purcase price. In accordance with your rights as a consumer the product you have purchased is not fit for purpose.

Your comments are full of inacuracy and based on fiction. If you consider the person who supplied you with this information to be a friend, you may like to choose more wisely in the future.

No aproach has been made to me concerning Stu Lowe, neither by himself or anyone else connected with him.

The changes are not likely to take place either before or after Christmas.

Chris Williams

Director of Programming

Manx Radio.

e-mail: chriswilliams@manxradio.com

Tel: 01624 682600.

Archived