Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

Chris

Nice quick reply, thanks.

As I said my mate thought it was going to happen. Who knows? I did say it was not gospel, but he had heard it form a "good source", whatever that means.

Lets see what happens!!!!

Manxmedia

PS Can you confirm that you did have talks with Stu when he was over resently?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for that Chris.

I heard he had also had talks with 3FM so maybe that is where he's going. Manx radio RIP radio

Might be the right place, just play music and not having to read out obits

By the way I think Manx is sounding better than ever, well, over the last few months.

Keep up the good work

I don't get much chance to listen during the daytime, but I've been quite impressed by the bits I've heard recently on the Talking Heads show. Dan Davies seems to prepare well for the interviews and, although polite to his guests, tries to ask the questions that many ordinary listeners would like answers to. He seems to be fitting into that slot quite nicely.

Stu Lowe is very flattered that he is still getting all this attention. Although he still has lots of friends in IOM - and misses them - he doesn't see himself returning from Canada in the near future. He and his wife are expecting a little girl very soon - so not the best time to up sticks. But you can still do radio shows long distance.....

I don't get much chance to listen during the daytime, but I've been quite impressed by the bits I've heard recently on the Talking Heads show.  Dan Davies seems to prepare well for the interviews and, although polite to his guests, tries to ask the questions that many ordinary listeners would like answers to.  He seems to be fitting into that slot quite nicely.

Well said - he's getting to grips with the show. I though he would be poor (I am a lousy judge) but he really is investing time and effort, it's paying off. So full marks to him.

[edited 'cos I can't splell]

If anyone at the 3 radio stations is watching this you must give Milky his own show!!! The guy is soooooooo funny, and everyone loves him

. . . . . except just about every biker on the Island and plenty, plenty other people too.

Sorry to be a bit personal, but what I say is fact. Probably naively, but Milky cooked his goose good and proper.

On a better note, regarding Stu Lowe. He has an intelligent sense of humour that comes over very well on radio. (He had the breakfast show up to the mid-nineties, 96-97?) Had he been in the UK, I reckon he would easily have made a national presenter.

I used to listen to Nicky Campbell on Radio Northsound in Aberdeen before his rise to fame. He wasn't a patch on Stu, IMO.

Dan Davies seems to prepare well for the interviews and, although polite to his guests, tries to ask the questions that many ordinary listeners would like answers to. He seems to be fitting into that slot quite nicely.
I agree with this. I was pleasantly suprised too. From being a young upstart on the Friday evening show he has matured well to the late morning slot.

It was nice to hear Ashley Bentley back on the airwaves today. I miss the overnight show.

Draw  your own conclusions  :huh:

My conclusion is that you should shut up. I don't think this is the right medium for you to be expressing your apparent grievances with Manx Radio. Clearly you have a personal issue with certain members of their staff and we would prefer it if you take the matter up with them directly in another manner.

Crikey! Bit rude! Although they appear to have the odd grievance surely they are allowed to air such things on this forum?

There is a valid point here, why did that thread disappear? Did it encroach upon someone's human rights? Are you/ they really that draconian? Did someone upon high 'give the nod'?

Evidently all things manx radio is extremely popular, and I mean extremely, just look at the number of threads! And this isn't necessarily because it's good, bad or indifferent but because it is MANX radio and that stirs the passions.

Clearly the management there are/ have been in a state of flux, and others have tried their best to take advantage with the new stations. Whether they suceed or not I look forward to finding out.

And it is sometimes only on mediums such as these that far flung interested parties can glean information. So don't shout members down please.

Most Kind.

There's no problem discussing Manx Radio - as a media institution (especially a publically funded one) it is inevitably going to be debated on public forum. And I feel it should.

However, when the debate moves into personal vilification, including giving contact details of individuals, then we have to act.

Archived