Nobody Listens To Manx Radio Anymore

parchedpeas

Incidently, heard some of the morning show on Manx Radio's FM frequency. And surprisingly, I was impressed. Made a pleasant change from the usual local radio bollocks.

Now if only I can persuade them at work to switch from the excruciating 3fm...

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Declan - changing frequency is a human right enshrined by statute! Although at work, I can understand why music-only is usually more popular in the background.

BTW - not being pedantic for the sake of it, but M.R. is less than half publicly funded. Our sales team works very hard to secure the bigger proportion from advertisers and sponsors.

Incidently, heard some of the morning show on Manx Radio's FM frequency. And surprisingly, I was impressed. Made a pleasant change from the usual local radio bollocks.

Ditto. After ripping the ass out of Peters on more than one occasion (and don't you just love it honey) I've started listening again in the morning and really am impressed.

Well maybe not impressed - but it's much better than it was. :-)

Declan - changing frequency is a human right enshrined by statute! Although at work, I can understand why music-only is usually more popular in the background.

BTW - not being pedantic for the sake of it, but M.R. is less than half publicly funded. Our sales team works very hard to secure the bigger proportion from advertisers and sponsors.

Dear Stu - if you're going to be pedantic get the figures right first. MR turnover £800,000. Public subvention in the region of £860,000 and rising. So a little more than half in my book. A small point but one which you'd think a journalist might get right. Ah well time for a smoke break then.

Maybe your figures are a little out of date? Surely that's not beyond the realms of possibility... how long is it since you left.. sorry.. checked??

Either way, he said around half and even by your figures I'd say that was pretty accurate.

*Yawn.

Enjoy your smoke... is it coming out of your ears per chance???

Top suggestion. (Observation??) We could edit it! The thing is we couldn't assign it to his/her other posting handles... Hmmm... I know... we could have "Axe to Grind 1, 2, 3 & 4".

Ah - how refreshing - a bit of name calling, thats what we need. So let's see, a respectected journo uses the word pedantic. I reply using the facts that are available in the public domain (Manx Radio accounts and the Darwin Report) and then it's all 'ya boo sucks'. Anyway like the Murphys, I'm not bitter.

Ah - how refreshing - a bit of name calling, thats what we need. So let's see, a respectected journo uses the word pedantic. I reply using the facts that are available in the public domain (Manx Radio accounts and the Darwin Report) and then it's all 'ya boo sucks'. Anyway like the Murphys, I'm not bitter.

YA...! BOO....! SUCKS...!

Yer rubbish!

Archived